What now?

adam

3 games back in the Division and probably the WC after this week, with 8 to play. We would need a miracle to make the playoffs and this team has shown zero consistency to say they can sustain a run.

The crazy part is we have now lost to a 6-2 team (NE), 5-3 team (BUF), 4-3 team (MIA), 5-2 team (GB), and 3-4-1 team (CAR). All actually turned out to be pretty good teams, and our Strength of Schedule is much harder than it originally looked.

I would say the only possible way back would be to go 4-1 in remaining Division games (split DET, sweep MIN, beat GB), then beat NO and TB, and lose to DAL, which would be amazing and still only give us a 9-7 records (and best non-playoff team record).

So play for 8-8 and 20th draft pick or tank, play youngsters and go for a top 8 pick?

Top 5 or 10 pick would be better than going for a shot at a 9-7 wildcard. We will be 3-6 after the GB game with still 2 games left with DET and 1 with DAL.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few terrible teams in the league right now that are already ahead of the Bears in the lost column. I'm not sure a top 5 pick is possible with teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington, Tampa Bay, and St Louis probably being worse than the Bears are right now. As far as I can see, they have at least 3 winnable games left on the schedule. 2 games against MIN and 1 against Tampa Bay. Knowing the Bears, they will probably win 2 out of the 3, if not all 3, plus maybe one other against New Orleans to screw up their draft position.

7-9 is their peak, 6-10 is realistically where I think they'll end up. Good enough for a pick outside the top 12, but not where they need to be to draft a franchise changer.

Top 5 or 10 pick would be better than going for a shot at a 9-7 wildcard. We will be 3-6 after the GB game with still 2 games left with DET and 1 with DAL.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few terrible teams in the league right now that are already ahead of the Bears in the lost column. I'm not sure a top 5 pick is possible with teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington, Tampa Bay, and St Louis probably being worse than the Bears are right now. As far as I can see, they have at least 3 winnable games left on the schedule. 2 games against MIN and 1 against Tampa Bay. Knowing the Bears, they will probably win 2 out of the 3, if not all 3, plus maybe one other against New Orleans to screw up their draft position.

7-9 is their peak, 6-10 is realistically where I think they'll end up. Good enough for a pick outside the top 12, but not where they need to be to draft a franchise changer.

Top 10 would be nice actually because there is always the potential to trade down to around 20 if there is not a stud there.

The Bears have a track record of going 500 and always drafting 15-20..... Lovie had to win that game against the Vikings. Urlacher hurt his knee, we won and dropped 6 spots in the draft.

They will prolly hover at 500, but I wouldn't rule out them losing a bunch more. They look terrible on all 3 phases.

freakin terrible!!

It's never a good to tank for draft position. I hate that thought with a passion. Also, we don't have anyone new to develop that hasn't already played.

Honestly, at this point, I would trade Marshall before the deadline to gain players/picks for the future. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to be a major pain in the ass as a free agent. This team lacks talent on every level of the defense, still have issues with OL and have no speed on offense. I would hate to lose him, but we may gain through that loss.

As bad as the offense is with their inability to move the ball consistently, the defense is horrendous. They cannot cover anyone and the scheme stops no one. We are on our heels every play. Then when we are on offense, we only take what they give us and don't attack at all. Every play is almost telegraphed. Neither side of the ball is dominant, and the Special Teams is one of the worst units ever. It seems like the entire team has taken on Cutler's demeanor.

It's never a good to tank for draft position. I hate that thought with a passion. Also, we don't have anyone new to develop that hasn't already played.

Honestly, at this point, I would trade Marshall before the deadline to gain players/picks for the future. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to be a major pain in the ass as a free agent. This team lacks talent on every level of the defense, still have issues with OL and have no speed on offense. I would hate to lose him, but we may gain through that loss.

Marshall isn't going to be a free agent any time soon, they extended his contract earlier this year.

Seattle could really use a top flight WR. With all the other teams hurting for players, I wouldn't mind a veteran fire sale.

I'm not sure this team will have to tank it. What's sad, is this may be the best position the Bears will be in to draft a franchise QB. They will go D instead, because they will be trying to save their jobs and Cutler's contract.

A year under Trestman before he is fired, and behind Cutler for a year, would be the perfect situation for a young franchise QB. Then have a competition between him and Cutler the 3rd year.

The Bears have allowed 222 points this year, worst in the NFL. They added talent yet the results are the same. Mel Tucker is one of the worst coordinators in football, right along with Joe Decamillis.

As far as Marshall being traded, I don't see the value unless a team offers a 2nd round pick. He's still a good player. I don't think very many teams will offer you anymore than a 4th rounder right now, and why bother with that?

I say the fans stop going to games... they don't like getting boo'd .... see how they like playing for an empty stadium... send a strong messgae to the owners pockets... I for one don't really care if I see another game for the yr... my time was better spent getting my yard mowed...

There we go, and I am not watching until they win, and will likely end my NFL online subscription this year.

Enough is enough.

I've already sold the rest of my tickets earlier in the year except for 1 game (against Tampa). I just asked the person I'm going with if they really want to go.

Peace :dabears

It's the one I really wouldn't want to go. You can't win there. Either the Bears will beat them like every team does and should, or Lovie wins and makes you 100X more down on the Bears.

I say the fans stop going to games... they don't like getting boo'd .... see how they like playing for an empty stadium... send a strong messgae to the owners pockets... I for one don't really care if I see another game for the yr... my time was better spent getting my yard mowed...

I think they sold out when tickets hit the market. I am a die hard, I survive the good and bad and try not to get silly on message boards. They are bad, hope lost, and i will still wear orange and blue.

I think they sold out when tickets hit the market. I am a die hard, I survive the good and bad and try not to get silly on message boards. They are bad, hope lost, and i will still wear orange and blue.

I live in Denver and to avoid embarrassment the thought crossed my mind today about removing my bears license plate holder but I probably will keep it on there.

I've been through a lot of bad years and a lot of good years. A few great years mixed in between. I'm not changing.

Sounds like a picked a good weekend to take a weekend retreat eh?

Wow.

On the surface the offensive numbers don't look THAT bad but my goodness.

Just looking at the play by play on espn.com and ugh is it ever so frustrating. On 2 drives where they were hurt by penalties they had 3rd and long situations and what'd they do? short pass to Forte. I'm glad I wasn't watching because that is ever so frustrating to me.

As a whole all the underneath stuff continues to bother me to no end, and it's impossible to know who to blame....Is it play calling? Is it Jay not giving receivers enough time to get open? Is it the OL not giving Jay enough time to let receivers get open?

All I know is I'm ready for this bye week and I hope they spend a lot of time reevaluating whats going on and come back to shock the Pack. A win there and they're still just a game behind the Pack.

As far as the "Trade B" stuff goes....I'd be open to it if Wilson comes in and looks like a solid #2.

He's not worth anything anymore.

I was not saying he would be worth shit. Im totally disappointed in Briggs. Shows up 20 to 30 pounds over weight, fat, out of shape, slow as dirt. He could have come in to camp in great shape, been a leader. Instead he came in ready to call it a career.

Worthless.

I live in Denver and to avoid embarrassment the thought crossed my mind today about removing my bears license plate holder but I probably will keep it on there.

I have been offered temporary Denver membership...from someone born in Denver.

But nope.....nope for me.

I live and die with the Bears.