- 27 Turnovers, 3 less than career high

Some great numbers from Jay against some great defenses this year:

- 27 more yards from his all-time high as a Bear, 360 from 4,000 yards

- 66.1 Completion %, career high

- 28 TD's, career high

- 18 INTs, still 8 less than career high

- 89.5 QB Rating, career high

- 27 Turnovers, 3 less than career high

Ray Lewis's comments after the game were spot on about cutler... I would saythe way jay acts proves he is not a qb that can take the bears into to the postseason much less the superbowl....

When its crunch time and your team is down and feeling lost, its the qb's duty to breathe life into his team and lead the rally. Not stumble over to the sidelines and sit your overpaid ass on the bench, secluding yourself from your teammates who have been by your side some of which have put more work in than you... i.e. marshall... Emery gave him a fat contract and ignored those signs so he and the coaching staff mustgo. And so does phillips for allowing the wrong choices to be made over and over...to anycutler sympathists: how many times do you see brady off by himself when the pats are down? He usually is the one up telling his teammates WE ARE NOT OUT OF THIS YET!!! Not mailing it in before the end of the first half.. just sayin..

I think our coaches are a disaster and Jay is what he is, an average to slightly above average QB. If you stick with him going forward with new people, fine, but do so knowing that you need to surround him with a very good team and really manage him. If you do that, you can win and be succesful with him but he certainly isn't going to make you great and you aren't going to be able to plan / scheme on out-dueling peeps, etc.

Is over...

Cutler looked like a player that was mentally "done". Someone is going to be gone over this. What I saw was a fracture beyond repair. Now, the organization will have to figure out who stays and who goes.

Gruden nailed Jay to the wall on false start penalties. 135 in the last 5 years! Says it's the QB's job to over emphasize the snap count in the huddle.

Steve Young nailed it on demeanor and mechanics.

Trent Dilfer hit on doing the little things right.

Ray Lewis blew the lid off with his leadership comments.

Also, did anyone notice that neither Gruden or Young had any ringing endorsement for Trestman? Sometimes silence speaks volumes. Don't worry about this team playing to lose out. They'll do that on their own. The choosing staff looks done as much as the players do.

I also have a conspiracy theory for you; If Emery, Trestman and Cutler are together next year, it's the McCaskeys who called the Cutler deal.

Is over...

Cutler looked like a player that was mentally "done". Someone is going to be gone over this. What I saw was a fracture beyond repair. Now, the organization will have to figure out who stays and who goes.

Gruden nailed Jay to the wall on false start penalties. 135 in the last 5 years! Says it's the QB's job to over emphasize the snap count in the huddle.

Steve Young nailed it on demeanor and mechanics.

Trent Dilfer hit on doing the little things right.

Ray Lewis blew the lid off with his leadership comments.

Also, did anyone notice that neither Gruden or Young had any ringing endorsement for Trestman? Sometimes silence speaks volumes. Don't worry about this team playing to lose out. They'll do that on their own. The choosing staff looks done as much as the players do.

I also have a conspiracy theory for you; If Emery, Trestman and Cutler are together next year, it's the McCaskeys who called the Cutler deal.

Are you kidding me? Gruden basically blasted our offensive coaching staff all night long. It was great. Yeah he blamed Cutler for the pre-snap penalties but that also is an indictment on the coaches and he kept going on and on about how people need to be pulled, made example of, etc. Bottom line we have a stinker of an organization right now and Harbaugh is the man to come clean it up.

Are you kidding me? Gruden basically blasted our offensive coaching staff all night long. It was great. Yeah he blamed Cutler for the pre-snap penalties but that also is an indictment on the coaches and he kept going on and on about how people need to be pulled, made example of, etc. Bottom line we have a stinker of an organization right now and Harbaugh is the man to come clean it up.

Kidding about what? He wanted Cutler pulled too. That's only one at at least 5 times he ripped him.

What is the topic again?

Kidding about what? He wanted Cutler pulled too. That's only one at at least 5 times he ripped him.

What is the topic again?

Oh I think we agree...I think the "Are you kidding me" was in reference to talking about Cutler's stats (not your post but overall). I thought Gruden was hillarious...he ripped us to shreds and than Tirico's sounded like he was choking when Gruden called for the Bears to make a QB switch? Tirico was like, John, are you serious, the Bears should bench Cutler? It was classic.

I love Chucky.

Oh I think we agree...I think the "Are you kidding me" was in reference to talking about Cutler's stats (not your post but overall). I thought Gruden was hillarious...he ripped us to shreds and than Tirico's sounded like he was choking when Gruden called for the Bears to make a QB switch? Tirico was like, John, are you serious, the Bears should bench Cutler? It was classic.

I love Chucky.

:cheers

I was just posting those to show how off stats alone can be. Cutler has shown he has zero leadership traits and has lived up to and beyond his persona as a petulant little child. He can't read defenses, is not really that mobile, goes down like a cheap prostitute, and even his throws are not really accurate anymore. Basically he has zero traits of a franchise QB and one of the biggest contract busts of all-time. The sad part for us is he is now basically the franchise leader in every passing statistical category.

After last night, I can't see how any team would be fooled into thinking they can fix him.

I was just posting those to show how off stats alone can be. Cutler has shown he has zero leadership traits and has lived up to and beyond his persona as a petulant little child. He can't read defenses, is not really that mobile, goes down like a cheap prostitute, and even his throws are not really accurate anymore. Basically he has zero traits of a franchise QB and one of the biggest contract busts of all-time. The sad part for us is he is now basically the franchise leader in every passing statistical category.

After last night, I can't see how any team would be fooled into thinking they can fix him.

I think our coaching dysfunction will actually help us in that category as I think other teams will be convinced it is a Bear issue and that they can win with him. Plus, if you are a team with a good defense and solid offensive playmakers, picking in the middle of the 1st round, you really don't have great odds at hitting so have to look at the FA market. Jay will most certainly be a guy that can be moved. Not saying we will get some great picks for him but I would be stunned if there wasn't a taker for him, not in this league.

I think our coaching dysfunction will actually help us in that category as I think other teams will be convinced it is a Bear issue and that they can win with him. Plus, if you are a team with a good defense and solid offensive playmakers, picking in the middle of the 1st round, you really don't have great odds at hitting so have to look at the FA market. Jay will most certainly be a guy that can be moved. Not saying we will get some great picks for him but I would be stunned if there wasn't a taker for him, not in this league.

I believe he can take any terrible team that has a need at QB to mediocre. The next step is where he fails.

I believe he can take any terrible team that has a need at QB to mediocre. The next step is where he fails.

What do you call us right now? I think we are down right terrible and he has definitely not elevated anyone to anywhere. He needs an opportunistic defense to equalize his turnovers and to give him great field position. Without that, he basically sucks.

When looking at the teams that have a need at QB: NYJ, STL, TEN, TB, HOU, and possibly BUF. STL, HOU, and possibly BUF would fit that mold. They all have great defenses, and a varying amount of playmakers without a QB. With Mariota and Winston going early, you have to assume TEN, TB, or NYJ will take a QB. I don't think he would work in NYJ and TB would be odd with Lovie/McCown unless Lovie really liked him. So that leaves only TEN, which he does have some ties to playing for Vandy. A long shot would also be ARZ or SF (especially if Harbaugh goes).

However, I don't know how teams can look at his entire body of work and not think he has always been at least part of the problem.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cutler has averaged a turnover every 33.3 snaps, which ranks as the third-worst rate among all qualified players in the NFL. Cutler's turnover rate is nearly twice as bad as the average qualified NFL quarterback this season, who turns over the ball ever 65.3 snaps.

Wow

Cutler is as he always has been. He has built a career off of "potential" but reality is that's all he ever will be is unrealized potential. When he's on he's incredibly good, unfortunately that's a rare thing and usually cancelled out and drowned out by his general poor play and brain farts. He is an average to below average QB with moments of greatness that people cling to as hope that those moment become more the norm. The contrast last night between Jay and Drew was stark to say the least and more than once pointed out by the broadcast team in how Jay should sit and watch tape of Brees and then watch tape of himself. He practically does everything a QB is taught not to do. Stares down his targets, third down more often than not will throw medium to deep to a guy well covered but ignore the guy wide open beyond the sticks, his footwork is sloppy and that is making his timing, and accuracy drop significantly, he holds the ball way too long, even when a guy is wide open and will stare at him allowing the d to make a play on the ball or sack him by the time he actually throws.

So is it poor character of me to say I told you so? Does anyone want to argue "that's just the going rate for a QB these days" now?

I believe my immediate reaction at the time was along the lines of "25% more than any other team would have paid for Jay Cutler", and with McCown in his pocket, Emery was "totally oblivious of what their bargaining position was...as in, to the point of incompetence."

I want Emery gone, and not just because of the Cutler contract. As long as he's running the show, I have to deal with knowing that nothing of consequence will ever change for the better, because the man at the top can't be trusted.

Seeing it all today. Blaming Cutler for the Bears defense giving up 50pts. Cutler's fault because John Gruden (who couldn't find another coaching job after the way he ruined the Bucs) said it is Cutler's job to make sure guys like J'Marcus Webb know the snap count. Really? Must be same reason two WRs have a false start too. I'm sure it was his fault Groy and Forte chose to block nobody on a blitz on Monday night. Sorry but folks are flat out venting about everything this team has done wrong and focusing it all on one guy. So too are the coaches now.

Cutler struggles to overcome criticism that is obvious to the world but statements that he is outworked by "Marshall" is based on what? The extra effort he put in the get clausen up to speed when he was signed late? He struggles to be patient and he kills the team with turnovers. Yes we overpaid for him but I don't think by 25% maybe more like 15% as I think he belongs in the Andy Dalton category at around $16mil/yr: You can win with them but won't win because of them.

McCown has a similar setup in Tampa and has failed equally badly, if not worse. He was trending down as the Bears QB once teams got a read on how he was running the offense. I don't see anything that says we'd be much better off with him. Maybe a win, two max, but a playoff team?

I've been sitting back and watching how Trestman handles tough times and now with benching Cutler this way I absolutely want Trestman gone. We know Kromer has been the leaker behind the Cutler rumors the last month or so. He didn't discipline Kromer at all but instead had him go public with a full apology. He has now gone full circle in stating (through his actions) that Cutler was the problem. I said it right after the game, it was Trestman's responsibility to get Cutler's head in the game and he clearly did nothing to make Cutler feel like he was the QB for now and the future. People will laugh and say why should he sugar coat it. After Kromer-gate you have to go out of your way to do that even if fans and others will criticize you for doing so. That's what being the leader means. At the other end of the spectrum I see Bruce Arians telling the world his team can win a Superbowl with Drew Stanton and Stanton is far worse than Cutler. Don't think reporters didn't chuckle when they heard that but he stood his ground and said it again. We all know Arians knows reality but he's managing his players.

Another story and perhaps the better example although I can't remember who said this last week: Mike Holmgren when he decided to trade for Favre knew everyone in the organization was not on board but Holmgren told them all... This is it, we're going forward with this guy and everyone here has to help make him successful. If you don't like it get over it and support him or move on. I assume since he wasn't coddling his coaches about their feelings he also was tough on Favre.

It's not that benching Cutler wasn't warranted after how he played but it would have been far better to pull him in the 2nd half of the game and let Clausen finish it out, or as stated by others, pull him in the middle of the other games when he played poorly. It was obvious from the first play against the Saints he didn't want to be out there, especially at a home game (IMO). Now doing this after rumors of the HC being fired reeks of the same petulance everyone here criticizes Cutler for. It's still the right thing to do if Cutler's heart isn't into it. Why wasn't Briggs benched when his heart wasn't into it and he showed up to training camp out of shape? I'd have dropped Briggs down the roster right then instead Trestman coddled him.

Now that we see everyone ready to pack their bags we might as well see what we have in Clausen because at this point we have zero options for next year. I don't think Clausen will make Forte pick up a blitz better, or Ryan Groy (who was ok when he knew who to block). I can't see him helping Garza hold a block, or getting our young LBs to figure out that a screen pass is coming. We'll still be a bad team.

I still feel Cutler is a QB you can win with (not because of) but now we're headed back to the QB merry-go-round. Yes, the coaches have to manage him but every team in the NFL, with rare exception, has to do that with their QB. Watch, we'll end up drafting Jameis Winston as the next head-case to play QB for us. Winston is talented enough to be the first pick overall but he's got enough baggage to fall to us. Ken Whisenhunt was a great coach when he had Kurt Warner starting but he couldn't make the decision to start him until the end of training camp. This is the toughest position to draft, coach, and play period. There is no more pivotal position in all of professional sports. Get it right and you are a good coach and GM for a decade. Get it wrong and…someone better be calling Mike Holmgren because he's gotten it right far more than he's gotten it wrong.

Seeing it all today. Blaming Cutler for the Bears defense giving up 50pts. Cutler's fault because John Gruden (who couldn't find another coaching job after the way he ruined the Bucs) said it is Cutler's job to make sure guys like J'Marcus Webb know the snap count. Really? Must be same reason two WRs have a false start too. I'm sure it was his fault Groy and Forte chose to block nobody on a blitz on Monday night. Sorry but folks are flat out venting about everything this team has done wrong and focusing it all on one guy. So too are the coaches now.

Cutler struggles to overcome criticism that is obvious to the world but statements that he is outworked by "Marshall" is based on what? The extra effort he put in the get clausen up to speed when he was signed late? He struggles to be patient and he kills the team with turnovers. Yes we overpaid for him but I don't think by 25% maybe more like 15% as I think he belongs in the Andy Dalton category at around $16mil/yr: You can win with them but won't win because of them.

McCown has a similar setup in Tampa and has failed equally badly, if not worse. He was trending down as the Bears QB once teams got a read on how he was running the offense. I don't see anything that says we'd be much better off with him. Maybe a win, two max, but a playoff team?

I've been sitting back and watching how Trestman handles tough times and now with benching Cutler this way I absolutely want Trestman gone. We know Kromer has been the leaker behind the Cutler rumors the last month or so. He didn't discipline Kromer at all but instead had him go public with a full apology. He has now gone full circle in stating (through his actions) that Cutler was the problem. I said it right after the game, it was Trestman's responsibility to get Cutler's head in the game and he clearly did nothing to make Cutler feel like he was the QB for now and the future. People will laugh and say why should he sugar coat it. After Kromer-gate you have to go out of your way to do that even if fans and others will criticize you for doing so. That's what being the leader means. At the other end of the spectrum I see Bruce Arians telling the world his team can win a Superbowl with Drew Stanton and Stanton is far worse than Cutler. Don't think reporters didn't chuckle when they heard that but he stood his ground and said it again. We all know Arians knows reality but he's managing his players.

Another story and perhaps the better example although I can't remember who said this last week: Mike Holmgren when he decided to trade for Favre knew everyone in the organization was not on board but Holmgren told them all... This is it, we're going forward with this guy and everyone here has to help make him successful. If you don't like it get over it and support him or move on. I assume since he wasn't coddling his coaches about their feelings he also was tough on Favre.

It's not that benching Cutler wasn't warranted after how he played but it would have been far better to pull him in the 2nd half of the game and let Clausen finish it out, or as stated by others, pull him in the middle of the other games when he played poorly. It was obvious from the first play against the Saints he didn't want to be out there, especially at a home game (IMO). Now doing this after rumors of the HC being fired reeks of the same petulance everyone here criticizes Cutler for. It's still the right thing to do if Cutler's heart isn't into it. Why wasn't Briggs benched when his heart wasn't into it and he showed up to training camp out of shape? I'd have dropped Briggs down the roster right then instead Trestman coddled him.

Now that we see everyone ready to pack their bags we might as well see what we have in Clausen because at this point we have zero options for next year. I don't think Clausen will make Forte pick up a blitz better, or Ryan Groy (who was ok when he knew who to block). I can't see him helping Garza hold a block, or getting our young LBs to figure out that a screen pass is coming. We'll still be a bad team.

I still feel Cutler is a QB you can win with (not because of) but now we're headed back to the QB merry-go-round. Yes, the coaches have to manage him but every team in the NFL, with rare exception, has to do that with their QB. Watch, we'll end up drafting Jameis Winston as the next head-case to play QB for us. Winston is talented enough to be the first pick overall but he's got enough baggage to fall to us. Ken Whisenhunt was a great coach when he had Kurt Warner starting but he couldn't make the decision to start him until the end of training camp. This is the toughest position to draft, coach, and play period. There is no more pivotal position in all of professional sports. Get it right and you are a good coach and GM for a decade. Get it wrong and…someone better be calling Mike Holmgren because he's gotten it right far more than he's gotten it wrong.

If this really was Trestman's call, it would appear to be the first time he's ever disciplined anyone. I wonder if he's finally snapped and said, fine, I'm doing this and maybe everyone will realize it.

now that my friends is a true rant worthy of a 10. Couldn't agree more.

now that my friends is a true rant worthy of a 10. Couldn't agree more.

Sorry, but my view is that Cutler sucks, and I will never wear a jersey with his name on it, nor anyone in my house.

Disgrace.

The sooner he goes, the better.

Did you know he is the highest offensive player in the NFL this year?

F the excuses.

The only time he smiled is when he signed his contract.

He can kiss ass all of the way out of Chicago.

He is a disgrace.

DISGRACE

Sorry, but my view is that Cutler sucks, and I will never wear a jersey with his name on it, nor anyone in my house.

Disgrace.

The sooner he goes, the better.

Did you know he is the highest offensive player in the NFL this year?

F the excuses.

The only time he smiled is when he signed his contract.

He can kiss ass all of the way out of Chicago.

He is a disgrace.

DISGRACE

fine but let's not pretend everything is his fault like most ppl are. Everyone is piling everything on him. Oh and quite frankly I don't give a damn if a player smiles. Marty B smiles all the damn time even when he's dropping passes constantly. I just want players to go and do the job to the best of there ability. freak the fans and freak the media. Once they start worrying about what us fans and media ppl think typically your hosed and your to fake. If a player hates all fans that's great. Just say it. I don't need them to smile and pretend to be something they aren't. I hate how the players are forced to talk to the media. Sorry. That's my rant

Can't say that I agree totally. But then again, we (nor the team) were afforded the opportunity to say otherwise. It's speculative at best. McCown was given a "similar" set up in regards to some talent around him but not the same system he succeeded in. If Clausen "lights it up" as some folks (I'm not one of them) are thinking he might then we will truly have to ask ourselves 'what could have been'? Something else to remember was that Cutler could have easily been franchised last year to see if he was truly worth the money they paid, yet they chose to go all in. Who's decision was that? Trestman, Emery? I think it safe to assume this isn't one we can blame on Tucker.

Sorta like "Rex Grossman is our quarterback". Remember how ridiculously funny that was (said with heavy sarcasm).

Two comments to this section. First, if the Bears actually draft Winston I'm done with my Bears fandom. For me to admit to that despite decades of following the Bears is painful to even suggest but if they were to actually pull the string on a deal like this then I will be convinced that the Bears have sunken to new low. To a low only rivaled by the Raiders.

Secondly, I don't know that Holmgren is quite the genius that you and others portray him as. Ron Wolf (GM when Holmgren was hired as HC) was already considering to make a trade to Atlanta for Favre. Holmgren admits he had to do his homework on Favre and after studying him a bit, realized it was going to be a project. About three years after Holmgren had been in GB there was a discussion amongst the coaches to either go with Favre or Brunell. Eventually they went with Favre and Holmgren told Favre he had his support. * - "Coachng Confidential: Inside the Fraternity of NFL Coaches." - by Gary Myers. Now I think in this case it was either that Holmgren was lucky or good at evaluating talent. The fact that he couldn't get any QB to produce in Cleveland as he was able with Favre or Hasselbeck has me wondering.

Maybe this is Trestman's last ditch effort to legitimize his credibility and show that he can get it done with lesser talent. If he does go 2-0 to finish out the year with Clausen as the QB what then?

fine but let's not pretend everything is his fault like most ppl are. Everyone is piling everything on him. Oh and quite frankly I don't give a damn if a player smiles. Marty B smiles all the damn time even when he's dropping passes constantly. I just want players to go and do the job to the best of there ability. freak the fans and freak the media. Once they start worrying about what us fans and media ppl think typically your hosed and your to fake. If a player hates all fans that's great. Just say it. I don't need them to smile and pretend to be something they aren't. I hate how the players are forced to talk to the media. Sorry. That's my rant

You're right to a degree. Not everything is Cutler's fault. It wasn't his fault that he took the multi-year deal based on his "body of work". What is his fault is that he didn't at least act like the money he was paid. He didn't take an active leadership role. Didn't produce eye popping numbers. Didn't lead our team to a playoff game, let alone a SB. Granted I don't think all that ails the Bears is the fault of one person. Cutler is largely to blame because he hasn't produced. Briggs is partial to blame for not giving a s#*t this year. Trestman is largely to blame (at least I think) for thinking Cutler was elite and encouraging the team to buy in. Emery is largely to blame for either agreeing or forcing the issue to give Cutler the money. Stein is to blame for negotiating it. The ownership (and fans) are to blame for believing all of it.

And as far as players not liking the fans and "freaking them" please remember this is the same base that torched Urlacher for acting the same way.