Mock Draft v.1.0

jason

1. Landon Collins, SS, Bama - Immediate starter and difference maker.

2. Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St. - Best FS in the draft. Great instincts. Good angles. Awesome hands. Predicts passes and jumps routes.

3. Hroniss Grasu, OC, Oregon - Get Garza's replacement the day before yesterday. Dude has a great motor and mobility. I think he slips to the 3rd.

4. Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M - He already has a history of crushing Green Bay players.

5. Jake Ryan, MLB, Michigan - Tackling machine, stud, reminds me of Chris Borland (I was a big fan, but not for the Bears' cover-2). Move Bostic outside.

6. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - Big boy. Brings a load. Versatile. Good motor.

2. Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St. - Best FS in the draft. Great instincts. Good angles. Awesome hands. Predicts passes and jumps routes.

3. Hroniss Grasu, OC, Oregon - Get Garza's replacement the day before yesterday. Dude has a great motor and mobility. I think he slips to the 3rd.

4. Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M - He already has a history of crushing Green Bay players.

5. Jake Ryan, MLB, Michigan - Tackling machine, stud, reminds me of Chris Borland (I was a big fan, but not for the Bears' cover-2). Move Bostic outside.

6. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - Big boy. Brings a load. Versatile. Good motor.

We definitely need those position up grades but If there is a stud MLB in the draft at 7 that has valve at that spot, I am for finding a leader for our defense as we rebuild it. Havent check out the draft yet so am at a disadvantage with my opinion right now.

I like the overall combination of positions, but I just can't see us taking back to back safeties in the first two rounds and starting two rookies back there. I would almost rather get one of them two and bring in a free agent to compliment with some experience. The top two picks almost certainly have to be defensive. I like Grasu in the 3rd, but I wouldn't take Everett. He has been burned a lot this year and some have considered shifting him to Safety. I love Ryan in the 5th (probably there due to ACL injury), and Anderson in the 6th is nice, coming from a winning program.

I'm hoping the Bears get McCorty in the FA, and you can change that 2nd round pick to a much needed LB. Jones can maybe a starter, but I'm not sold on the rest of the crew. They need a special line backer.

Ya I'd love to pick up a proven safety, he or Delmas would be nice.

Also would love to pick up KJ Wright if he somehow hits free agency. Or I believe David Harris will also be a FA and he would be nice to have, esp if Rex Ryan is our head coach (he's at the top of my list).

Believe or not the bears do still have plenty of money to go around so grabbing one or two of the 4 guys I mentioned would be huge.

As for the draft, meh, I'm with Adam can't really see 2 safeties back to back.

I'm posting from a tablet these days and I'm too lazy to really do my research on the draft just yet but I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point.

Jason, what happened to having to draft an OLman in one of the first two rounds? You're deafting like Lovie would. What are you softening up?

Jason, what happened to having to draft an OLman in one of the first two rounds? You're deafting like Lovie would. What are you softening up?

That's not quite true. Lovie would trade down twice and with 4 picks in the 3rd Rd two of them would be safeties. The others would be DE and DT.

I like the overall combination of positions, but I just can't see us taking back to back safeties in the first two rounds and starting two rookies back there. I would almost rather get one of them two and bring in a free agent to compliment with some experience. The top two picks almost certainly have to be defensive. I like Grasu in the 3rd, but I wouldn't take Everett. He has been burned a lot this year and some have considered shifting him to Safety. I love Ryan in the 5th (probably there due to ACL injury), and Anderson in the 6th is nice, coming from a winning program.

I am starting to look at the draft and Collins would definity have the biggest impact, have been checking out MLBs and none have valve that early in the draft, but seen the top rated is Perryman-Miami. (they compare him to Bolander-SF) and that may be a 2nd round choice. I absolutely think we need a huge upgrade at LB with only Jones hanging around at SLB.

Guest TerraTor
I am starting to look at the draft and Collins would definity have the biggest impact, have been checking out MLBs and none have valve that early in the draft, but seen the top rated is Perryman-Miami. (they compare him to Bolander-SF) and that may be a 2nd round choice. I absolutely think we need a huge upgrade at LB with only Jones hanging around at SLB.

Chris Borland?

Shae gone, Bostic dumb, everyone else sucks

Chris Borland?

Shae gone, Bostic dumb, everyone else sucks

Yeah...it was an autocomplete issue. Borland.

As for the draft and no OL, I don't like this class a lot. Add that to the Oregon C, and I think the OL would be one of the strongest parts of the team. And since most of this team is bad, an average OL is probably a minimal need. This team desperately needs Safety help, just like last year. Now we know the LBs are not good, but they are young and athletic. They just need discipline. And I've already stated that DL isn't a position I think the Bears will draft much, if at all.

Yeah...it was an autocomplete issue. Borland.

As for the draft and no OL, I don't like this class a lot. Add that to the Oregon C, and I think the OL would be one of the strongest parts of the team. And since most of this team is bad, an average OL is probably a minimal need. This team desperately needs Safety help, just like last year. Now we know the LBs are not good, but they are young and athletic. They just need discipline. And I've already stated that DL isn't a position I think the Bears will draft much, if at all.

I like the draft, I would consider a LB at 2 though. I would think one of the top 4 may be available. You have Shaq Thompson, Denzel Perryman, Benardrick McKinney, and Erik Kendricks. Grasu or Dismukes at Center would be wise and that is still drafting oline early. Between Mills, Ola, Groy, and Leno, one or two will develop and step up also.

I will pass on Collins, non factor tonight against Ohio State, literally made zero plays and OSU torched them.

More than the lack of plays, something else bugged me. Biggest time of the year, crunch time in the semi-final game, and he makes a hard hit. Does he stay in the game and shake it off? No. He goes down hurt. He's not injured...just hurt. After the trainers come out, suddenly he's up and bouncing off the field. Next play? OSU puts the nail in the coffin with that long TD run.

I still think the Bears desperately need help at both S positions. At least at LB there is raw talent. Between Bostic, Greene, SMC, and Jones, they should be able to step up and improve over last year. There is almost no chance the guys at either S position, other than Vereen, improve. And at that, Vereen is a low-ceiling kind of guy, more of a nickel-back than anything else.

It's kind of weird to say, but I don't really like the first round talent this year. No shocker. The Bears finally get a high pick, and it's a down year where I don't like several players.

By and large, I don't like the idea of Bama DB's. Saban has a knack for scheming around them to put them at their very best. He knows their weaknesses incredibly well and can typically limit their exposure in the collegiate game. That isn't the case in the NFL where you are going against far more talented players. Too high of a bust rate, imo, out of Bama DB's for this very reason. That isn't to say there aren't good ones their, its just harder to identify through film the good ones from the not so good ones.

More than the lack of plays, something else bugged me. Biggest time of the year, crunch time in the semi-final game, and he makes a hard hit. Does he stay in the game and shake it off? No. He goes down hurt. He's not injured...just hurt. After the trainers come out, suddenly he's up and bouncing off the field. Next play? OSU puts the nail in the coffin with that long TD run.

I still think the Bears desperately need help at both S positions. At least at LB there is raw talent. Between Bostic, Greene, SMC, and Jones, they should be able to step up and improve over last year. There is almost no chance the guys at either S position, other than Vereen, improve. And at that, Vereen is a low-ceiling kind of guy, more of a nickel-back than anything else.

It's kind of weird to say, but I don't really like the first round talent this year. No shocker. The Bears finally get a high pick, and it's a down year where I don't like several players.

Greene and SMC won't even be on the team next year and Bostic has been pretty questionable as well. Jones is about the only thing I'd project and even than we are talking about a guy who was undrafted. Our LB corps is pathetic.