View this from the perspective of our personnel.  Robinson is easily the equal of Jeffrey, except he's better.  Shaheen matches their TE at least in terms of athletic ability, and of course we have Burton.  Defense's have to respect Howard on the run option at the snap.  Then see the play design with quick hitting routes and imagine Anthony Miller with his quickness making those inside or outside breaks.  Topping it off is Trubisky's quick and accurate release.  We've seen how well Foles can execute this.  If he makes the right reads these plays will be hard to defend.   The video includes film of the Vikings defense trying to figure out what the Eagles were doing.  

It's not the end all because I can easily see how a well executed zone defense can blow up these plays, especially with smart players.  Plus they now have more film on it to prepare.  Mixing it in from time to time especially when you know where the defense's weak point is should pay off.  

Once teams adjust to the short stuff and start undercutting routes it is easy to fake that quick pass, but  then have Trubisky drop back a few more steps and go after a deep or intermediate route.  That's where Gabriel comes into play, or Cohen, or even Shaheen.  With Shaheen, if a defender is right up on him he'll have to decide if he's going to prepare for a block or step back into coverage, and if they are off the ball then we might own the early advantage on the play.  Guess wrong and Shaheen is gone, or Jordan Howard is gone.  

They are selling us all the goods. Articles on Kevin White coming in chiseled and claiming he still has the same speed that got him drafted 7th and he is putting in the work to impress the coaches in camp.  I hope for once it all comes together for our Bears. We have had a long bad streak.

The addition of our offense mined coaches that will upgrade the contribution of all of our weapons, he could turn out to be a wonderful surprise. He's motivated, healthy(cross your fingers).

Robinson

Gabriel

Miller

Burton

Shaheen

Howard

Cohen

and White.      this could be huge

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

After all this time, if he can't run routes, he won't make out of camp.

You would think after how many years, he would have a clue but he hasn't had much experience running them either. It is do or die for him this year, let's hope he is a doer. 

I look at it this way.  Nagy said he wanted to personally help White succeed.  Then we held a minicamp and right after that we traded up into the 2nd Rd to draft Anthony Miller.  We all knew they weren't going to rely on him but IMO that couldn't have made it any clearer how far he has to go.   Although it was light on elite talent this was still a deep draft for WRs.  We could have made a similar but much cheaper move in Rd 3 or 4 to draft a WR.  That didn't happen and they clearly wanted a WR with excellent route running skills so it was trade up for Calvin RIdley (as we tried to do), or go hard after Miller when he fell a bit.  

On 5/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, Mongo3451 said:

After all this time, if he can't run routes, he won't make out of camp.

Flo Ottis tweet today

Some positives from today’s practice:
- Allen Robinson returns to the practice field
- Kevin White improving as a route runner
- Roquan Smith getting 1st team reps
- Leonard Floyd expected to be 100% come training camp
- Danny Trevathan’s quickness stood out
#Bears

20 hours ago, jason said:

I like the optimism and the video, but I'm not so sure AR15 translates to Alshon.

There's not a lot of difference to their games.  Big body WRs who win with strength and positioning, as well as going vertical (jump balls).  Both left their draft teams in part because they didn't like the QB situation.  Both were injured in their contract year.  Robinson plays quicker IMO than Jeffrey who is bigger and uses that size well to help him.  Jeffrey probably has better hands.  Neither are the slot WRs in this offense and I'd say both are likely to play the same role as the X.    

As I read the whole thread as usual the main topic of the post gets side tracked. AZ you originally posted what I consider a fantasy with a video because you are projecting how the players we have acquired will do in the scheme of the Eagles even though Nagy came from the Chiefs  So please explain your angle on this so an old guy like me can understand.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:17 PM, lemonej said:

As I read the whole thread as usual the main topic of the post gets side tracked. AZ you originally posted what I consider a fantasy with a video because you are projecting how the players we have acquired will do in the scheme of the Eagles even though Nagy came from the Chiefs  So please explain your angle on this so an old guy like me can understand.

An old guy like me will say that it was exactly what you said:  Just that here's what RPO's look like as the Eagle's ran them last year.   It just helped me to envision how our new WRs would fit into these types of plays and what it really means.  Yes, the discussion got side-tracked but that is normal during the offseason but there's little to talk about this time of year.  I don't view RPO's as some type of play that's going to make this an excellent offense.  In fact I view even less challenging to a defense now that I studied it a bit.  Like anything on offense having it in the arsenal means a defense must prepare for it and it has to stay in the back of their mind on each play.   For me the real benefit to this is the hesitation in a defenders reaction at the start of a play.  After seeing stacked box after stacked box defending Jordan Howard last year this could be a welcome addition to watch.  There's a combination of things needed for this to work or the box stays stacked.  We need legit deep threat, ideally on both sides of the field, and legit running game.  Howard provides one, Gabriel and Cohen another but perhaps Kevin White will see some action on these plays...

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/takeaways-bears-ota-good-things-coming-kevin-white

On 6/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, AZ54 said:

An old guy like me will say that it was exactly what you said:  Just that here's what RPO's look like as the Eagle's ran them last year.   It just helped me to envision how our new WRs would fit into these types of plays and what it really means.  Yes, the discussion got side-tracked but that is normal during the offseason but there's little to talk about this time of year.  I don't view RPO's as some type of play that's going to make this an excellent offense.  In fact I view even less challenging to a defense now that I studied it a bit.  Like anything on offense having it in the arsenal means a defense must prepare for it and it has to stay in the back of their mind on each play.   For me the real benefit to this is the hesitation in a defenders reaction at the start of a play.  After seeing stacked box after stacked box defending Jordan Howard last year this could be a welcome addition to watch.  There's a combination of things needed for this to work or the box stays stacked.  We need legit deep threat, ideally on both sides of the field, and legit running game.  Howard provides one, Gabriel and Cohen another but perhaps Kevin White will see some action on these plays...

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/takeaways-bears-ota-good-things-coming-kevin-white

RPO is what got Wentz, Watson and Tanehill injured and IMO keeps the box filled with someone to shadow the QB.

Nothing about he RPO says it has to be the QB running the ball.  He simply has to decide if he wants to make it a running play or a passing play.   Read-option is where, on a running play, the QB decides if he's handing off or running with the ball himself.  In the highlight video where they breakdown the RPOs Nick Foles has exactly zero runs with the football.  He either hands off or throws a pass.