Shaheen

AZ54

I'm curious to see how he plays this season after the change in workout strategy.  As I've said before this is his first offseason in an NFL training program and it should help him quite a bit.  He moved fairly well for a big guy last year but a bit more quickness in his cuts would certainly be beneficial.  

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/what-does-bears-coach-matt-nagy-have-in-store-for-te-adam-shaheen/

When the Bears designed their offseason training plan for Shaheen, their goal wasn’t to increase his power or strength — ‘‘I was pretty damn physical last year,’’ he said — but to make him more fluid, mobile and flexible.

Part of the Bears’ focus was to eliminate what Shaheen described as ‘‘nagging injuries that I had over the season’’ by improving his core strength. But the Bears also wanted him to improve as a route-runner.

‘‘[It’s] just to be able to move and run better than I did last year,’’ Shaheen said. ‘‘Just to be able to run, cut, get lower, everything in blocking, better leverage. Just core stability is huge. I think it’s helped a lot.’’

I still find it crazy that Shaheen is the same height as Gronk 6'6", but also weighs 10+ lbs more than him.

Their combine drill stats are also very close:

Shaheen - 4.79 - 40yd, 24 reps, 32.5" vert, 121" Broad, 7.09 3-Cone, 4.38 20-yd shuttle
Gronk - 4.68 - 40yd, 23 reps, 33.5" vert, 119" Broad, 7.18 3-Cone, 4.47 20-yd shuttle

Shaheen takes bench, broad, 3-Cone, and 20-yd shuttle with an additional 13 lbs on his frame. Gronk takes the 40 and vertical.

Not that Shaheen will ever be Gronk, but he has all the physical traits to dominate.