Zack Miller Signs 1 Yr. Deal

Pixote

There isn't a chance in hell that Zack Miller plays a single down this year. He may never play again, period. But the Bears signed him to a league minimum one year deal. A classy move on the Bears' part to help a player who gave them everything he had when healthy. I'd love to see him fulfill his dream of returning to the game, but have serious doubts it will be physically possible after that type of injury.

Article on NFL.com: TE Zack Miller Signs One Year Deal

Classy move.  Would love to see them move him to the coaching staff as a quality control assistant or make him part of the broadcast team.  Miller left everything he had on the field.  If he could have stayed healthy, he could have put up some impressive stats. 

Peace

On 6/6/2018 at 6:06 AM, Pixote said:

As an update to the initial article I posted a link to, I saw this today. 

Bears place Zach Miller on reserve/PUP, ending season

Pretty much what we expected to happen.

He said he just recently had the sensation of touch in his foot return so the nerves are regenerating, which is great for him long term. 

I thought this was a great gesture and will have positive 2nd and 3rd order effects on the organization. I could see the team rallying around Miller and trying to win for him. Any additional motivation helps, and helps unify the team. He is such a positive person and great with the community, so this just adds to the optimistic environment that is being created. Great move.