Adam Shaheen

bowlingtwig

I am probably alone with this, but I think Pace's early round drafting has been absolutely terrible (before this season at least) He consistently has drafted project/raw players who are clearly not ready for the NFL, and if they ever did develop it would be towards the end of their rookie deals and we would have to pay them before they really contribute.  If Trubisky isnt a top 10 qb in the next 2 seasons Pace should be launched and would have had an abysmal run as Gm

I am confused, Pace is to blame for Shaheen rolling his ankle? How is that a disappointing draft pick? Shaheen looked great in the preseason and his injury was unfortunate. Luckily we have quality depth at TE.

If you can get 2-3 starters and 1-2 subs per draft, you are doing pretty good.

2015 (6 picks), 2 starters, 1 sub (Amos, Goldman, White), White was the key to this draft, and he never lived up to his billing. What kills me is Vic Beasley went one spot later, and Gurley went 3 later. I am most critical of this draft for Pace, but if they keep Amos and Goldman, and White at least contributes this year, then it won't be a completely wasted draft. Still subpar though.
2016 (9 picks), 3 starters, 4 subs, 7 players still on the roster - This was a great draft and almost makes up for how bad 2015 was.
2017 (5 picks), 2 starters, 2 subs, only Morgan not on team - only a couple of picks due to the Trubisky trade, but Jackson and Cohen were great picks in the 4th round.
2018 (7 picks), 1 starter, 6 subs, too early too assess, but if Smith, Daniels, and Miller all live up to their hype, this will be another great draft. Anything out of Iggy, Nichols, Fitts, or Wims would be gravy.

At the end of the day, the one pick that matters is Trubisky. He has to play at a franchise player level starting next Sunday, or none of these other players matter.

6 minutes ago, adam said:

I am confused, Pace is to blame for Shaheen rolling his ankle? How is that a disappointing draft pick? Shaheen looked great in the preseason and his injury was unfortunate. Luckily we have quality depth at TE.

If you can get 2-3 starters and 1-2 subs per draft, you are doing pretty good.

2015 (6 picks), 2 starters, 1 sub (Amos, Goldman, White), White was the key to this draft, and he never lived up to his billing. What kills me is Vic Beasley went one spot later, and Gurley went 3 later. I am most critical of this draft for Pace, but if they keep Amos and Goldman, and White at least contributes this year, then it won't be a completely wasted draft. Still subpar though.
2016 (9 picks), 3 starters, 4 subs, 7 players still on the roster - This was a great draft and almost makes up for how bad 2015 was.
2017 (5 picks), 2 starters, 2 subs, only Morgan not on team - only a couple of picks due to the Trubisky trade, but with Jackson and Cohen were great picks in the 4th round.
2018 (7 picks), 1 starter, 6 subs, too early too assess, but if Smith, Daniels, and Miller all live up to their hype, this will be another great draft. Anything out of Iggy, Nichols, Fitts, or Wims would be gravy.

At the end of the day, the one pick that matters is Trubisky. He has to play at a franchise player level starting next Sunday, or none of these other players matter.

Well said. I agree, Pace is doing a great job, and his final value will be determined by Trubisky.

I don't agree that Trubisky needs to be franchise level starting this Sunday. I think this whole team will grow over the year, especially the offense. I agree that by the middle of this year, things ought to start rolling. So I think they have this season to gel into the team they are going to be.

This roster has the possible, as yet unproven, ceiling to be a dominant team. I don't think I could say that about any Bears roster and coaching staff since 1986.

They still have to put it together on the field, and it'll take time, and no one can say if they, and in specific Trubisky, will reach their (his) potential.

But on paper, Pace looks to have done an incredible job of assembling this roster and staff.

I'm very excited to watch it develop on the field. This should be a lot of fun.

20 hours ago, CrackerDog said:

I think anyone calling for Pace to be fired the day after the Mack trade has issues.  His drafts and the hiring of Nagy are also significant positives after years of failure.  

Come on gents, allow yourselves to enjoy the good days.  

we dont know how to act when things go well...its been a while and our first reaction is to bitch about something (me included)lol.  This current front office, coaching staff, and team is miles ahead of anything we have had in a while.  It wont be perfect but damn, i am kind of excited about this organization again.