Bears at Cardinals Game Thread (FOX, 3:25pm CST, Bears -4)

adam

This is a must win, beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Bradford is brutal and probably won't last a quarter. Johnson does not look the same since coming back from injury and Fitzgerald is the only receiving threat. 

I want to see a full game this time, with significant progress for the offense and Trubisky. After seeing Mayfield come in and play like he did, there are no more excuses for Trubisky, especially against this defense. I would like to see another step from Roquan and see the team close another game out.

Bears 27-10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mayfield was in the offense all last year too. Trubisky is just learning it.

I saw a talk show where they compared Trubisky to a student driver slowing down traffic behind him. i think that's about right.

We ought to see more good this week, and continued growth, and expect a couple head scratcher plays. maybe even game losing interceptions. what we need is to see 90% of the plays executed correctly to know that we are on track.

That said, we have enough horses that we oughtta win this one, and i expect to see Trubisky mature each week.

Their defense has talent and will be blitzing to stop the run and get after Trubisky.  If he can read what they are doing and find the right receiver then we may have a lot of big plays.  Otherwise it could another low scoring game from the offense.  I'm not worried about our defense at all.  

6 hours ago, adam said:

This is a must win, beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Bradford is brutal and probably won't last a quarter. Johnson does not look the same since coming back from injury and Fitzgerald is the only receiving threat. 

I want to see a full game this time, with significant progress for the offense and Trubisky. After seeing Mayfield come in and play like he did, there are no more excuses for Trubisky, especially against this defense. I would like to see another step from Roquan and see the team close another game out.

Bears 27-10

In week 1 Sam Darnold was the next great franchise QB after he destroyed Detroit.   I watched the game and thought... he's got a lot to learn and his arm is not as strong as I thought it was.  By week 3 Baker Mayfield beats him to end Cleveland's losing streak.  Mayfield then takes the crown from Darnold as the next great franchise QB. 

I watched about half of Mayfield's snaps and, like most, saw his inaccuracies but some good throws too.  Trubisky threw a pass into a tight window that Howard turned upfield for a big gain and he's criticized.   Mayfield threw one into a tight window of double coverage and he's praised for completing the pass in a tight window.  

I like both of these young QBs but I'll wait.    

I like the phrase "beat the teams we are supposed to". Now step back and read that over the over while thinking about how bad we have been at doing just that prior to last week lol. The entire time fox was here did we even when 1 game that we were supposed to lol. I honestly don't think so. And so just because we won last week against a team we were supposed to doesn't make me feel all of sudden great about this yr. Now with that said I am extremely curious you see how this handles a team we should beat coming off the W last week. Obviously the defense is getting better and I saw more bright spots on offense last week. Now let's see what they do after half time. I'm thinking we get off to another good start and at half time the Cardinals bench Bradford and go to Rosen. How will the defense respond to seeing a guy they probably did spend much time scouting

1 hour ago, adam said:

Early games, still early, but GB down 28-10 and MIN down 27-0 to the Bills, Wow. If they both lose, and we win, we would be 1st in the division at 2-1. Now wouldn't that be something?

Yeah it would. Imagine all the talk if we thump AZ. Instead of hearing how Rodgers destroyed us on 1 leg they will change there storyline to how it took a miracle comeback and we could be 3-0 

Mack Got held on that TD Pass.  And how is it not a penalty when the Cardinals D after the play takes the ball to the end zone and does a group celebration???  Very sloppy first half thus far. Are we reversing how we play?  Suck in the first half and play hard in the second?  Need to wake up and play some ball.  This is the same Cardinals offense that has looked awful this year till today.  Come on man!

16 minutes ago, adam said:

Seriously Trubisky, he is playing like shit. Now he fumbles with a little pressure on him, and now the defense lets in another easy TD. This team looks like a mess. Bradford tearing us up, down 14-0.

Wait... I thought this was a first round pick?   He’s our ‘future’?!?!  

**edit** never mind about Daniel...for now. 

I am starting to think some of this is the play calling. Where are the slants and crossing routes? Two long passes basically uncatchable. 

I can't believe Bethea can keep up with Gabriel for 50 yards, what the hell. 

and we seem to be targeting Peterson, that won't end well either.