Bears at Cardinals Game Thread (FOX, 3:25pm CST, Bears -4)

adam

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We survived today. The defense really stepped up and played great after the 1st qtr and the offense did just enough. I will say that cards defense can't get off the field to save there rears. Way to many unforced errors which gave us the game along with the defense having another 4 take away day. From what I'm seeing so far trubisky looks good when the pocket is clean and he's got time but he's very uncomfortable with any type of blitz. That's the part of his game he has to work on the most in my opinion

Ultimately Arizona kept Chicago in the game.  They had some bad calls (one roughing the passer and unsportsmanlike hit on Gabriel) etc. that helped the Bears’ cause.  I fear that if Rosen had started the game this wouldn’t have turned out the same.  McCoy did call a good game on the offense side of things.  He was able to game plan for Mack pretty effectively.  Bradford just wasn’t able to produce late in the game.  I think the pressure started to affect him.  

But....we won and that’s really all that matters.  🐻👇

On 9/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, BearFan NYC said:

Mayfield was in the offense all last year too. Trubisky is just learning it.

I saw a talk show where they compared Trubisky to a student driver slowing down traffic behind him. i think that's about right.

We ought to see more good this week, and continued growth, and expect a couple head scratcher plays. maybe even game losing interceptions. what we need is to see 90% of the plays executed correctly to know that we are on track.

That said, we have enough horses that we oughtta win this one, and i expect to see Trubisky mature each week.

I'll stat evaluating the offense once we hit the midway point. Right now, I'm going to let them keep working and learning. Week by week. Thankfully D stepped it up and helped them get the win. Offense has to convert more TD's in that game....if they did, we'd all be saying something different. Mitch has to become more accurate and a better decision maker. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

Wow, Miller hurt, probably out for a while with a shoulder, and offense now looks like hot garbage. Trubisky can't see a blitz on 3rd down, no hot route, no audible. Then Parkey caps it off with a missed FG. Perfect.

I'm not surprised...this is a young QB in a brand new offense, that is supposedly very complex.  Things take time.  We still won the TOP battle again this week.  While the offense hasn't produced the points or consistency it needed to...its done a good job from the TOP point.