Trubisky QB Rating

AZ54

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand wanting more growth, but expecting is a different story.  While Trubisky didn't light it up, he did manage very very well.  First year coach, system and skill positions are a lot to overcome for someone with as little experience as Mitch.  I would rate that transition as excellent.

With all that being said, my expectation will be greater next season.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I can understand wanting more growth, but expecting is a different story.  While Trubisky didn't light it up, he did manage very very well.  First year coach, system and skill positions are a lot to overcome for someone with as little experience as Mitch.  I would rate that transition as excellent.

With all that being said, my expectation will be greater next season.

Completely agree.  And I agree with Jason in that for what he cost the team I’d still expect more.  

I will say this, he has progressed.  He looked solid yesterday and confident.  And against a solid D in their home turf.  That’s an accomplishment.  Whether it be Nagy managing Trubiskys talent or Trubisky meeting expectations, right now I have confidence they’ll make us proud going into the playoffs.  I’m charged to see them at home with the D the way they are.  This is going to be a fun ride. 

Fwiw; absolutely loved seeing Jordan play like he did.  He’s again become a huge factor for the team.  And absolutely loved seeing White and Wims play well too.  Wims I think is going to be something special. 

7 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Expect more as in the future, or expected more as in this year?  For the future I agree and I think that's fair to say.  For his first year in this offense, along with a lot of new WRs, I think he's grown tremendously since week 1. 

I expected more this year. I definitely expect more next year.

I love his lack of game killing turnovers in the 2nd half of the season.  But he is going to have to make some down the field throws like he did in the TB game more than he has in the last four games.  His over throws could haunt him from here on out.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I love his lack of game killing turnovers in the 2nd half of the season.  But he is going to have to make some down the field throws like he did in the TB game more than he has in the last four games.  His over throws could haunt him from here on out.

I agree. Although I think he did a few during the Minny game.  Although I missed a lot of the game due to travel.   In the highlights I saw it seems he threw a couple that were on target.  The one that comes to mind is the TD/no TD to Gabriel up the left side.