Bears at Giants Official Game Thread (Sun, Dec 2, 12:00 PM CST/FOX/Bears -4.5, O/U 45)

adam

I didn't see last nights game but had to do a double take when I checked my fantasy stats and saw NO actually lost to the Cowgirls 13-10.  I would have never bet that would happen.  Their offense looked unstoppable and to only manage 10 points.  They certainly look less invincible after last night.  But then again it's one game vs the previous 9 where they've been on an absolute tear.  

I do agree that their schedule is tougher than the Rams schedule from here on out.  The playoff picture is starting to get a little clearer.  Division winners should be NO, LAR, CHI, DAL.   Winning out puts us at 13-3, and would give us some key tie breakers. Crazy to think that for most of the season it was just assumed that the Saints would just roll through the season and playoffs and hoist the Lambardi.  Now they are going to have to fight to secure a 1 or 2 seed.   If LA beats the Lions they take over at #1.  Should the Saints stumble again their best final record is 13 and 3 and we'd leap frog them for the #2 seed.  Hosting the saints vs playing in their dome is a huge advantage for us.  We need to fight like hell to win out.  Who'd have thought after last season ended we'd be sitting here to day last day of November and we are in a three team battle for the top two seeds in the NFC?  Take that all you "experts" who were hating on the Bears.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

After watching parts of tonight’s game it’s clear Dallas is surging at the ‘right time’.  Without doing all the ‘what ifs’ they look like they might prove to be a challenge late into the season.  

I assume the parts of Dallas' game you saw were the defense.

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I assume the parts of Dallas' game you saw were the defense.

It was about mid 2nd quarter through about mid 3rd.  Watched the highlights this morning.  

They’re currently on a four game winning streak to include wins against the Redskins and Eagles.  Their remaining four games are two at home; Eagles and Bucs and two on the road; Giants and Colts.  Of those four the Colts are on their own bit of a tear so if I had to guess, Dallas might go 3-1.

Dont get me wrong; the Bears are building their own head of steam especially on the defense. I think what we’re witnessing is the embodiment of the phrase ‘the season doesn’t really begin until November’.  Where teams like New Orleans and the Rams, who have gone relatively unscathed, are meeting teams that are learning from what they’ve seen and preparing to play them.  Just like what we saw last night.  Where the normally stoic Drew Brees withered under the relentless pursuit of Dallas’ D.  I get a good feeling seeing this, and knowing what I’ve seen from the Bears’ D, they might just be able to do the same with LA in a few weeks.  

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

It was about mid 2nd quarter through about mid 3rd.  Watched the highlights this morning.  

They’re currently on a four game winning streak to include wins against the Redskins and Eagles.  Their remaining four games are two at home; Eagles and Bucs and two on the road; Giants and Colts.  Of those four the Colts are on their own bit of a tear so if I had to guess, Dallas might go 3-1.

Dont get me wrong; the Bears are building their own head of steam especially on the defense. I think what we’re witnessing is the embodiment of the phrase ‘the season doesn’t really begin until November’.  Where teams like New Orleans and the Rams, who have gone relatively unscathed, are meeting teams that are learning from what they’ve seen and preparing to play them.  Just like what we saw last night.  Where the normally stoic Drew Brees withered under the relentless pursuit of Dallas’ D.  I get a good feeling seeing this, and knowing what I’ve seen from the Bears’ D, they might just be able to do the same with LA in a few weeks.  

Hicks was a full participant in practice on Friday.  He's listed as questionable for the game but it appears he'll be playing.    Trubisky also  threw some passes today so he's progressing.  

On 11/30/2018 at 6:08 AM, Stinger226 said:

I can see NO losing one of the Car games to finish 13-3. We would be the only potential lose for LA. For us to have any chance at byes we need to win out, not likely.

NO looked very ordinary against Dallas. Pittsburgh has a very good defense and a better offense. They can easily lose that one as well.

After two games it should be clear this offense runs better, much better, with Trubisky versus Daniel.   Daniel was horrible today and couldn't even focus on basics like handling a snap.  He made poor reads on numerous blitzes and it's clear he really likes to throw to Robinson and Cohen.    

Officials stole a TD from Tarik Cohen.  Cohen is a matchup problem and Nagy knows how to use him.  

I have no issues with Nagy calling the timeout before the half.  TV announcers made a big deal of it but we have Tarik Cohen on the return and might have had the ball at midfield.  A 10-15 yard pass and we're the team kicking the FG before halftime.  Defense just can't give up 18yards to Barkley on a certain running down.  

I was surprised at the lack of pass rush at times and especially in overtime.  

Saquon Barkley will be the next RB to rush for over 2000 yards.    

Beat the Rams and everything will be as it should be.  

I'm still mad at Harrison Smith.