Puckers

Bill

Very un-Packer like thing to fire a coach during the season.  I was glad to see them lose again, kinda sad to see McCarthy go, wanted the downward spiral to continue.  Their issues go beyond the HC, but here's hoping they botch that hire and the Packers shrink into obscurity for the foreseeable future.  

12 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Very un-Packer like thing to fire a coach during the season.  I was glad to see them lose again, kinda sad to see McCarthy go, wanted the downward spiral to continue.  Their issues go beyond the HC, but here's hoping they botch that hire and the Packers shrink into obscurity for the foreseeable future.  

The good news is they still have the GM who gave Jimmy Graham all this money!  

https://overthecap.com/player/jimmy-graham/1503/

14 hours ago, AZ54 said:

The good news is they still have the GM who gave Jimmy Graham all this money!  

https://overthecap.com/player/jimmy-graham/1503/

lol so true.  I could see Rodgers being hard to work with, I have no respect for him as a person and while he's unquestionably a highly talented player he appears to have the ability to rub people the wrong way.  Thinks he runs the Packers so when decisions are made and he's not consulted he pouts and throws a hissy.  The guy has bought into his own hype.  Nothing's ever his fault.

11 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

lol so true.  I could see Rodgers being hard to work with, I have no respect for him as a person and while he's unquestionably a highly talented player he appears to have the ability to rub people the wrong way.  Thinks he runs the Packers so when decisions are made and he's not consulted he pouts and throws a hissy.  The guy has bought into his own hype.  Nothing's ever his fault.

I was laughing at Rodger's press conference on Monday.   Players don't talk to the media on Mondays yet he felt had to get out in front of the coach killer criticism he's facing.   He's the same guy who has been calling out McCarthy throughout the season for the play calling.  Even worse was how he framed his relationship with McCarthy.  He didn't intend to but IMO he came off as a being somewhat distant from McCarthy and it just made things appear even worse.  

For HC candidates they have several years of a elite QB play available to them and plenty of high draft picks in the near term.  If you run a different system (ala Josh McDaniels) then you have to wonder how you will get treated by Rodgers if things start off poorly.  

Fangio has popped up on couple lists of candidates for Green Bay.  I think for now he's really happy where he's at and glad he dodged that bullet.  I don't really see him as a fit in GB but crazy things happen.  

You stay classy Fudge...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/04/packers-fire-associate-head-coach-linebackers-coach-winston-moss/

Packers fire associate head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 4, 2018, 9:54 PM EST
gettyimages-507824082-e1543952717490.jpg
Getty Images

The Green Bay Packers have turfed another member of their coaching staff.

Associate head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss was fired by the franchise on Tuesday.

“We thank Winston for his contributions to the Packers over the past 13 years,” interim head coach Joe Philbin said in a team release. “We hope for the best for Winston and his family moving forward.”

Winston was let go by the team after he issued a tweet earlier in the day about the type of person the Packers should hire as their next head coach.

“Ponder this… what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period! #losingsucks!”

Moss had been with fired head coach Mike McCarthy throughout his entire tenure as head coach in Green Bay. While there will likely be wholesale changes to the coaching staff upon the hiring of a new head coach this offseason, Moss’ immediate dismissal almost certainly had something to do with his earlier tweet implying Aaron Rodgers and everyone needed to be held to a higher standard. Moss intimated as much in a post saying he had been let go by adding a #thankstwitter to the end of his message.

It’s probably not the only reason the team made the move when they did, but it’s hard to believe it didn’t have at least something to do with Tuesday’s decision.

23 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

You stay classy Fudge...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/04/packers-fire-associate-head-coach-linebackers-coach-winston-moss/

Packers fire associate head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 4, 2018, 9:54 PM EST
gettyimages-507824082-e1543952717490.jpg
Getty Images

The Green Bay Packers have turfed another member of their coaching staff.

Associate head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss was fired by the franchise on Tuesday.

“We thank Winston for his contributions to the Packers over the past 13 years,” interim head coach Joe Philbin said in a team release. “We hope for the best for Winston and his family moving forward.”

Winston was let go by the team after he issued a tweet earlier in the day about the type of person the Packers should hire as their next head coach.

“Ponder this… what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period! #losingsucks!”

Moss had been with fired head coach Mike McCarthy throughout his entire tenure as head coach in Green Bay. While there will likely be wholesale changes to the coaching staff upon the hiring of a new head coach this offseason, Moss’ immediate dismissal almost certainly had something to do with his earlier tweet implying Aaron Rodgers and everyone needed to be held to a higher standard. Moss intimated as much in a post saying he had been let go by adding a #thankstwitter to the end of his message.

It’s probably not the only reason the team made the move when they did, but it’s hard to believe it didn’t have at least something to do with Tuesday’s decision.

He will undoubtedly be with McCarthy at his next stop and likely wanted to be let go so he can start his job search early.  Everyone else has to stick around and see what happens in Feb.  

McCarthy's next stop likely the local Dunkin' Donuts gotta keep up his figure while he looks for his next gig.    I have to say though in his defense all the talk about how his play calling was unimaginative yet to hear that Rodgers often changed the calls on his own, one could come to the conclusion that a good amount of the bad play calling is actually Rodgers fault lol.  

Man it's refreshing and entertaining to see the Packers become laughable and irrelevant while our Bears are on the rise.  Definitely one train wreck I can't look away from LOL