Trubisky Pro Bowl QB

AZ54

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It's to easy to go to pro bowl when other players decide not to go. Still cudos as was chosen over many players. 

So easy yet we waited how many years since McMahon went to the Pro Bowl?   Trubisky wasn't put as an alternate by the fans, reportedly he was named an alternate by voting from players and coaches.  

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

So easy yet we waited how many years since McMahon went to the Pro Bowl?   Trubisky wasn't put as an alternate by the fans, reportedly he was named an alternate by voting from players and coaches.  

That shows respect.  And wether he is in the pro bowl outright or as an alternate that is getting to go because Goff will be in the SB.  That's still an accomplishment especially since we haven't sent a QB to the pro bowl since McMahon.  We've had some decent QB play at times but there's been a lot of crap at that position.  If Mitch can continue to improve and become more consistent and more of a play maker he could be a pro bowl regular.  Respect is earned and he's starting to earn that respect.  

Now that I see Cody Whitehair and Charles Leno added to the pro bowl rosters, I'm more skeptical of the significance of such an appointment. I mean, really??? Does anyone really believe Whitehair or Leno are what you would envision as 'pro bowl' players at their respective positions?

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Now that I see Cody Whitehair and Charles Leno added to the pro bowl rosters, I'm more skeptical of the significance of such an appointment. I mean, really??? Does anyone really believe Whitehair or Leno are what you would envision as 'pro bowl' players at their respective positions?

When you've been as starved as we have been, this is all nice.  Whitehair isn't a surprise.  Leno is.  But, Tru is a really nice surprise.  I'm just enjoying it since there's nothing to enjoy about the Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

When you've been as starved as we have been, this is all nice.  Whitehair isn't a surprise.  Leno is.  But, Tru is a really nice surprise.  I'm just enjoying it since there's nothing to enjoy about the Super Bowl.

I agree , you go 12-4 and a bad kicker away from going to the SB, will take any cudos anybody gives us.

8 hours ago, Pixote said:

Many are in disagreement, and not just here, immediately discounting the recognition our players are receiving. 

The math is simple there are 32 teams in the NFL, 16 in each conference.   Of the 16 rosters 3 players are selected to the Pro Bowl and 3 more are "alternates".   Depending on the exact mix alternates are roughly in the top 37% of players in the NFL.     I get that there are always the players (like Hicks last year) who get snubbed each year so that top 37% is really cast a bit wider.  We can call it top 45% or even top half of the league if you want or even top 50% if you account for elite players who were injured (i.e. Eric Berry).  We just won 12 games but how did we do this if none of our players are good?  Keep in mind 2/3 of the votes come from players and coaches so your alternates quite often come from the NFL community and not the fans.   

These are not All-Pro honors and so I think it's realistic for us to have a fair amount of players who are in the top half of the NFL performance wise.  After four years of last place finishes I'm happy to celebrate the 12 wins, a playoff game, and several players getting recognized for helping achieve that.  Is Charles Leno in the top 45% of LTs in the NFL?  I think so.   Same for Whitehair. 

Enjoy a winning moment.  

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Many are in disagreement, and not just here, immediately discounting the recognition our players are receiving. 

The math is simple there are 32 teams in the NFL, 16 in each conference.   Of the 16 rosters 3 players are selected to the Pro Bowl and 3 more are "alternates".   Depending on the exact mix alternates are roughly in the top 37% of players in the NFL.     I get that there are always the players (like Hicks last year) who get snubbed each year so that top 37% is really cast a bit wider.  We can call it top 45% or even top half of the league if you want or even top 50% if you account for elite players who were injured (i.e. Eric Berry).  We just won 12 games but how did we do this if none of our players are good?  Keep in mind 2/3 of the votes come from players and coaches so your alternates quite often come from the NFL community and not the fans.   

These are not All-Pro honors and so I think it's realistic for us to have a fair amount of players who are in the top half of the NFL performance wise.  After four years of last place finishes I'm happy to celebrate the 12 wins, a playoff game, and several players getting recognized for helping achieve that.  Is Charles Leno in the top 45% of LTs in the NFL?  I think so.   Same for Whitehair. 

Enjoy a winning moment.  

I agree, I'll take it for what it is.  We often complain about the Bears not getting respect.  After many losing seasons we went 12-4, were in contention for a first round bye, and we have a young roster that is built for continued success.  This year isn't a fluke.  What Pace has done turning this franchise around is exciting.  Give Fox credit as well, he and Pace took over an absolute mess.  While Fox didn't bring us wins or playoffs, he built a solid locker room, and a solid foundation to where Nagy could take over take us to the next step.  I think those around the league (players/coaches) will recognize these things even if the media doesn't.  What the media says doesn't matter, what the team believes, what us fans believe and the respect of their peers means more.  It comes to reason that this year we are starting to get respect in the form of prow bowl representation, record wise we were the 3rd best team in our conference.

Mich has plenty of room to grow but all in all he had a good season and has shown progress and promise that we finally may have that franchise QB that has eluded us for many long years. It's nice to see him get the recognition of his peers and represent the NFC in the pro bowl.  I for one am going to enjoy the fact that we have a QB playing in the pro bowl.  The bar for next year has been raised. 

I seen a PFF article and if I remember Massie was the 29th ranked overall OT and I think Leno was a couple slots higher. So that puts both of them in the top 15 at each position. They absolutely can be improvement at that position but how do you do that now with less draft capital and low cap space.  I see the possibility that HH develops a couple of players.  I think the possibility exists they may be already in the pipeline.  They keep Coward on the roster for a reason.  Also Willie Beavers and Dejon Allen are resigned to future contracts.  I think Coward starts this year and possibility that Allen is being groomed for Longs job when he ends up leaving ( not this year). I'm not sure about Beavers but if we draft a OT and groom him to take over for Leno in 2 years , we would have a inexpensive better oline in 2 years?  Am I dreaming?