Mike Davis, RB is a Bear

adam

Nice signing, formerly of the Seahawks. I almost posted about him this morning after reviewing FA RBs. Was thinking Ware, Coleman, or Davis would make sense and now this. I like the signing, it reminds me of Trey Burton last season. 

"Davis ran 112 times for 4.6 yards per carry and caught 34 passes on 42 targets"

Definitely an upgrade at the RB3 spot.  It'll be interesting what our RB group looks like heading into camp.  Davis and Cohen are the only sure things.  With all the trade rumors surrounding Howard (what's new?), we're either looking to replace him via trade/FA or Draft.   I'm torn on Howard as on one hand I like him and feel like he can contribute to this offense especially if he continues to improve on receiving.  On the other hand if we could bring in someone who is more naturally suited for Nagy's offense then that could work out well for both parties.  Howard is more build for ground and pound.  I just don't want to see us trade Howard just to trade him in other words make a change just to make a change.  

Watching those highlights, if you didn't know it, he would seem like an RB1. He follows his blocks, finds the hole, knows when to cut back and is way more elusive than Howard. There are some great examples, but look at 2:34 on the YouTube video in AZ's post, he completely de-cleated Sean Lee and then made another move to make it to the first down sticks. I have never seen Howard do anything close to that. 

If they keep Howard, I see it being a true RBBC, between Howard, Davis, and Cohen with a sprinkling of Patterson for good measure.