Cordarrell Patterson, WR/KR is a Bear

adam

I think this ends our RB search in free agency. CP fills 3 spots #1 KR, 5TH WR, and 4TH RB. Then we draft one and potentially trade HOWARD on draft day when he would carry the most trade value. 

Howard? possibly a trade candidate. 

Davis 

Cohen 

Patterson (could take a WR spot)

Draft pick

I’ll be the odd man out and say I don’t like the Patterson add.  Can’t quite put my finger on it but something about him makes me not trust him.  The best he’s done at receiving was 469 yds and 4 TDs his rookie year.  Just for reference Hester has done better than that (yards wise)  four times in his career; three of which were with Chicago.  Similarly though Patterson has made his mark as a return man. It’s also intriguing to remember that as a return man last year, he committed a crucial fumble during a return against our Bears.  

If you remember the bear game last year, he had a fumble but also had a 95 TDs return.  You could say we lost the game because of him. Besides being the best return man in the league , he can be our 4th RB, as a career 7.9 average.  Also as a 5th Wr he can stretch the field with speed. Imagine him and Robinson going downfield with Taylor Gabriel across the middle with Cohen and Burton running loose.  Who you going to leave open as a DC,? The speed he has creates tough match up problems.  If your running a reverse would prefer a small Gabriel or a 218 lb faster runner. 

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If you remember the bear game last year, he had a fumble but also had a 95 TDs return.  You could say we lost the game because of him. Besides being the best return man in the league , he can be our 4th RB, as a career 7.9 average.  Also as a 5th Wr he can stretch the field with speed. Imagine him and Robinson going downfield with Taylor Gabriel across the middle with Cohen and Burton running loose.  Who you going to leave open as a DC,? The speed he has creates tough match up problems.  If your running a reverse would prefer a small Gabriel or a 218 lb faster runner. 

Yeah I get that’ll.  Although I don’t think he’s that elusive he can be counted on to overly worry the D.  With the way they make D players nowadays?  He looks a lot different than he did when he played for Minny (he looks bigger).  But my recollection from his play with the Vikings was Kevin White like.  

I saw a point made (from you I think) that he essentially replaces Bellamy, which I can live with.  Except Patterson’s getting more money for the same job/position on the team.  Yes I get Patterson has the potential to be more effective at least on ST but was it worth ~$2 million a year more?