Bears Mock Draft (from Adam Hoge)

adam

Here are his picks:

3rd round, No. 87 — RB Miles Sanders, Penn State (5-11, 211)

4th round, No. 126 — WR/TE Miles Boykin, Notre Dame (6-4, 220)

5th round, No. 162 — CB Derrick Baity, Kentucky (6-1, 197)

7th round, No. 222 (from Broncos through Eagles) — S D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin (5-10, 204)

7th round, No. 238 — K Matt Gay, Utah (6-0, 232)

https://wgnradio.com/2019/03/18/hoge-2019-bears-mock-draft-2-0/

What do you think?

If you like running draft simulations these guys have built a good one.  What I like most is you can pull up a players draft profile on the side so it's easy to review several options, in case you can't make up your mind too easily.   That's helpful for me in the later rounds.   

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I played the draft game...

87 Oshane Ximines          EDGE    Old Dominion
126 Will Harris                   S            Boston College
162 Stanley Morgan Jr.    WR        Nebraska
222 Max Scharping           OT        Northern Illinois
238 Bruce Anderson         RB        North Dakota State

18 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I played the draft game...

87 Oshane Ximines          EDGE    Old Dominion
126 Will Harris                   S            Boston College
162 Stanley Morgan Jr.    WR        Nebraska
222 Max Scharping           OT        Northern Illinois
238 Bruce Anderson         RB        North Dakota State

I don't quite see the 3rd Rd love for Ximines.  I see him ranked around 100 overall in a lot of places.  When I watch this I see a guy who is good only when nobody blocks him for the first 3 quarters.  Then late in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line he looks like a completely different player.   I'd take the 4th quarter version in a heartbeat but that lack of effort raises questions marks for me.  I watched a second game against Marshall as well and there he looked better and more aggressive but that's against lesser competition.   How does all this translate against NFL OTs?  He doesn't have a lot of length either but seems to be pretty strong.    IMO he seems more like a day 3 prospect.  

On 3/19/2019 at 8:37 PM, jason said:

I want to choke Hoge for this mock. Atrocious.

A RB in the 3rd is stupid. I don't see why this is a trend.

Because Nagy wants to use page 2 of the play sheet on early downs.  We just signed Mizzell's replacement  so that misery should be gone.  I like Jordan Howard a lot but we'll never see plays like the one at 3:50sec.   Every time I watch some film on a mid-round RB prospect I come back and watch some of Henderson. Each time I think Henderson is the better prospect.  He's not perfect and I don't see him ever handling a workload like Howard can but with some RBbyCommittee with Davis, Cohen, and now even Patterson sprinkled in we'd be ok.  

Like what i see from Henderson.  He looks fluid both running and catching.  He seems to cut quickly and when he decides to go north and south there's no hesitation  Good vision and body control/balance and has a good second gear when he gets in space.   I feel like there are a number of good options at RB that would be available to us in this draft.  Jordan is a good RB but he's not really a natural fit in this system.  He's built for a more ground and pound system.  With the right team I feel he can return to the kinda numbers he put up in his first couple seasons.