Weapons and toys

Stinger226

TE  Burton-Shaheen-Ben B- Raymond              I think Shaheen takes a step forward this season and Raymond ends up being our 3rd TE out the blocks.

WR Robinson-Gabriel-Miller-Wims-Patterson-Ridley-Hall also we have on the roster Gentry- M.Hall-Williams-Lambert that may not last long. Ridley -route runner-Hall speed.

RB-Cohen-Davis-Nall-Mizzell-Montgomery-Whyte-Patterson           Now I hope Mizzell is finally gone for good. Whyte has big speed. 

Speed we now have. Cohen-Whyte-Gabreil-M Hall-E Hall-Patterson

MT is going to have fun this year.

I think Ridley is going to surprise a lot of people. The competition is going to be insane. Our depth is better than some team's starters. 

Gabriel may be the odd man out really soon. Between Marvin Hall and Emanuel Hall, we have the Halls of speed. One will stick. Raymond is an upgrade over Daniel Brown already.

The roster composition is going to be interesting. How many WRs, TEs, or RBs will they keep this year?

No FBs on the roster this year.  It opens the door to keep Nall in that role/roster spot if they so choose.  This draft also opened the door for some cap management moves next year depending on who improves enough to earn playing time at WR.   Wims could ascend and take Robinson's role.  Hall could likewise take the role Gabriel has on the outside.   Whyte can take the role Patterson and/or Davis have this year.   We only have $12mil in cap space in 202 according to Overthecap.com.   

Dropping some big WR contracts could open the door to extend Eddie Jackson.   

For the knocks I have against Pace, it’s good to see our team finally have a solid and steady defense.  So much so that they can overload the camp with offensive players to try and make it work.  For years the offense has always played second fiddle.  It’ll be nice to see if Nagy can get it to at least be as good as the D.  

19 hours ago, adam said:

Our depth is better than some team's starters. 

How crazy to think that not that long ago we were one of those "some team's"  The difference in talent and depth in our WR's now vs just 2-3 years back is astounding.  Pace has certainly set up Trubisky with weapons.  

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

How crazy to think that not that long ago we were one of those "some team's"  The difference in talent and depth in our WR's now vs just 2-3 years back is astounding.  Pace has certainly set up Trubisky with weapons.  

and the D too. Pace is killing it. Nagy is killing it.

2 years ago Kendall Wright was our best WR. Merideth was hurt and Alshon had left.

Pace does some stupid stuff (Parkey and Gleenon) but he has added so many good players in the last two years. 

We have to remember his first year he keep all the existing scouts for his first draft then in year 2 brought in his guys and has been hitting it.

34 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

2 years ago Kendall Wright was our best WR. Merideth was hurt and Alshon had left.

Pace does some stupid stuff (Parkey and Gleenon) but he has added so many good players in the last two years. 

We have to remember his first year he keep all the existing scouts for his first draft then in year 2 brought in his guys and has been hitting it.

The coaching staff has some input into the selections as well. Last year looks pretty solid with Smith, Daniels, Miller, and Nichols all contributing. Iggy, Fitts, and Wims still have a shot.

If he hadnt taken Glennon, then everyone would know he needed to take a QB, and the first pick overall would have been in play, and wed have needed to trade even more for him.

Also, I think the idea was for Glennon to play while Trubisky learned. Also, it was Fox's offense...

I dont think Glennon was such a bad move. Is he a bad QB? Yes. Did we all expect him to be a little better than he was? Yes. But still, it wasnt a dumb move.

he had other suitors, and that was the orice it took, plus we were revamping the team anyway so we didnt need to worry about the cap money that year.

I think Pace was hoping to get a first round draft pick for him in a trade the next year, but Glennon was worse than anyone thought.

But he knew the whole time he was drafting a QB, so he never saw Glennon as the future.