The Bachelor: Kicker Edition Has Begun

dawhizz

All eight kickers are at the mini-camp this weekend.  Nagy had an impromptu competition at the end of the day giving each kicker one chance to make a 43-yard FG (the significance should be lost on no one).  Six missed (including one doink!).  Two made it - John Baron and Spencer Evans.  Nagy's assessment: "Not good enough."  I've seen reports are that during the course of practice, Elliott Fry and Casey Bednarski were the more consistent in accuracy and distance.  Stay tuned for the best soap opera of the offseason . . .

I saw this story and thought it spellbinding.   I really like that Nagy is so perturbed by what Parkey did to us (all of Bear nation) that he would set this up in the way he did.  And that nothing can be taken for granted, not even the kicking game.  This is a perfect way to show how serious you are.  He’s gone from people buying into his style of family play to ‘you’re either in it to win it or you’re out.’  

Bears have now traded a conditional 2021 7th round pick to the Raiders for K Eddy Piniero. I think he immediately becomes the frontrunner for the job. Obviously the results from the weekend were uniformly underwhelming.  

36 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Bears have now traded a conditional 2021 7th round pick to the Raiders for K Eddy Piniero. I think he immediately becomes the frontrunner for the job. Obviously the results from the weekend were uniformly underwhelming.  

i think it's his job to lose although I bet they keep a kicker on the practice squad. 

Peace

Our new kicking guru Kohl has recommended him  Eddy was at one of his kicking camps.  This is a smart move for a cheap price if he works out. He had a contract with Oakland and for the next 2 years of 495 and 650,000. Also we signed Jesper Horsted , a 6-4  225 WR that they will make into a TE. He scored 15 TDs last year at Princeton.