Pace

Stinger226

I have to give Pace credit for his aggressiveness as a GM.He has traded in every draft he has had. He has made many mistakes but for us to come to the point of having probably the best young roster in the game, he had to have a helluva lot of hits. He signed Parkey last year to a big contract as Parkey was the 3rd best K in the league in 2017. He thought he had his man, he was wrong. Today he goes after a backup that has NFL experience for little of nothing, a 7th round 2021 pick. He brought in a kicking guru, Kohl and ends up signing two of his clients. Blewitt and now Pineiro. He identifies needs and addressing them. Last year WRs and this year RB and Ks. If Pineiro works out his contract is 495 and 650 thousand for the next two years. Another move I liked is today he signed a Princeton WR that he will make a TE, Jesper Horsted . 6-4 225. He had 15 TDs last year and over 1200 on 92 catches. He has 4.71 speed at the combine but pulled his groin on that run. He said he can do in the 4.5s when healthy. I think every draft pick makes the roster this year. He designed all of his signings to end guaranteed money after the  2021 when we have to pay MT. Their are several UDFAs that could make the roster or at least the PS. 

He started slow but has stepped it up the last two years to put us going to the SB this year or the next.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I have to give Pace credit for his aggressiveness as a GM.He has traded in every draft he has had. He has made many mistakes but for us to come to the point of having probably the best young roster in the game, he had to have a helluva lot of hits. He signed Parkey last year to a big contract as Parkey was the 3rd best K in the league in 2017. He thought he had his man, he was wrong. Today he goes after a backup that has NFL experience for little of nothing, a 7th round 2021 pick. He brought in a kicking guru, Kohl and ends up signing two of his clients. Blewitt and now Pineiro. He identifies needs and addressing them. Last year WRs and this year RB and Ks. If Pineiro works out his contract is 495 and 650 thousand for the next two years. Another move I liked is today he signed a Princeton WR that he will make a TE, Jesper Horsted . 6-4 225. He had 15 TDs last year and over 1200 on 92 catches. He has 4.71 speed at the combine but pulled his groin on that run. He said he can do in the 4.5s when healthy. I think every draft pick makes the roster this year. He designed all of his signings to end guaranteed money after the  2021 when we have to pay MT. Their are several UDFAs that could make the roster or at least the PS. 

He started slow but has stepped it up the last two years to put us going to the SB this year or the next.

He's definitely comfortable in his evaluations of players and their scheme fit and is willing to go get them.  

This Jesper kid looks more like a TE the way he runs in these videos.  He is not that quick laterally in his cuts but there is definitely some good straight line speed.  He looks like he could add 10lbs and play around 235lb without losing much agility or speed.  That's what Burton is at.  Definitely worth bringing in to see what he can do.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He's definitely comfortable in his evaluations of players and their scheme fit and is willing to go get them.  

This Jesper kid looks more like a TE the way he runs in these videos.  He is not that quick laterally in his cuts but there is definitely some good straight line speed.  He looks like he could add 10lbs and play around 235lb without losing much agility or speed.  That's what Burton is at.  Definitely worth bringing in to see what he can do.  

Dude has some talent. 

Peace