Epic Important Telling Roster Moves

BearFan PHX

The Bears today signed undrafted rookie tight end Jesper Horsted and waived guard Tommy Doles in a move that strongly signals that blocking emphasis is being shifted from the interior linemen to the perimeter. Clearly the Bears have already lost faith in Montgomery and this move shows that they will be running Cohen a lot more than expected to the outside.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/roster-moves-bears-ink-horsted-cut-doles

Yes Im joking :) it sure is slow.

Seems like these types of moves go on all offseason. With all teams. How many more will they make before it's training camp.  What I wonder is without seeing them at some ota how do they evaluate the differences.  Is most of it just done by their list of best player available so when one pops up they drop their low guy and just add the new one and wait an see how things work out.  And are all the contracts they sign not really contracts.  Seems they signed a few kickers and now are down to three.  Showing my ignorance here.     

4 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

They've definitely been exploring options at TE.  Maybe it says something about their confidence level in Shaheen.  

I agree. I still have high hopes for Shaheen.

At this point I think it's hard to tell anything, because the roster is so large, they may be playing depth games with players that wont be on the team come September.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Seems like these types of moves go on all offseason. With all teams. How many more will they make before it's training camp.  What I wonder is without seeing them at some ota how do they evaluate the differences.  Is most of it just done by their list of best player available so when one pops up they drop their low guy and just add the new one and wait an see how things work out.  And are all the contracts they sign not really contracts.  Seems they signed a few kickers and now are down to three.  Showing my ignorance here.     

Yeah, there are so many bodies at this time of year, it's hard to read anything much into it.

9 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

They went into last season with Burton,  Sims, Braunecker, and Brown (Shaheen on IR) 

Right now, we have Burton, Shaheen, and Braunecker.  They need more competition to get 4 solid options

of course this is the actual answer.