Top Contenders for Rookie of the Year

AZ54

I was surprised to see Montgomery listed among the top 5 on this list.  I think he's a good fit for what we need and his ability to make the first unblocked defender miss will add significantly to our offense even if he doesn't have breakaway speed.  Regardless I'm not sure I see him as a top 5 RoY candidate.  If he's in the discussion late in the season it means our offense is kicking some butt.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030975/article/top-25-nfl-rookies-in-best-position-for-year-1-success

5) David Montgomery, RB, Chicago Bears: We're riding the Montgomery hype train with colleague/conductor Adam Rank. This former Cyclone breaks tackles with the best of 'em and has one of the league's better offensive lines in front of him. As long as Matt Nagy is willing to lean on him, he's going to do work.

I am not surprised at all. His style fits the system, he compares to Kareem Hunt, he has the opportunity to take the position as the featured back.  I know Henderson may have been the top guy, but once he was taken Pace made sure to get the next guy.  Montgomery probably checks more boxes over Henderson too.  Have to see him play, but I think we got a really good player in rd 3. 

I think it's an easy prediction to make - you look at Kareem Hunt, and extrapolate similar success here.

It's another weay of saying that Nagy has a great system, and they believe that Pace picked a guy that fits perfectly into it.

And this was in the third round, after having drafted most of Khalil Mack in the first round and Anthony Miller in the second.

Dont forget that We got a 2 back next year for the one we traded away. If Oakland sucks, and we are good, those two picks we swapped next year might only be like 10 or fewer picks apart.

Pace is absolutely killing it.

I would've broken the list down between offense and defense. The last Bear to win either award was Anthony Thomas in 2001 a year after Ulracher won the DROY award. 

Montgomery has the skills to win it, but I don't think he will get enough touches or percentage of the production (like Barkley) to win the award.