100th year in existence ( Super Bowl)?

Stinger226

I think we are set up to go to the SB this year. With the upgrade of talent in starters and backups , we can handle a few injuries but not MT.

Defense:

With the addition of HaHa and Skrine we have 2 capable players. I think HaHa takes a step forward and has several quality plays that Amos didnt have. Skrine lacks some of Callahan's talent but is 16 games of a a 5 better than 12 games of a 6 (value). Nichols, Smith, Floyd are all taking a step forward, with only Prince the potential of regressing because of his age? (maybe not)

I think Tolliver, Shelley, Bush all add depth. If Jackson would get hurt, I think HaHa slides over and Bush fills in just fine. Plenty of depth at DL with RRH, Ballard and Williams to handle some injury games. 

Offense:

We have depth at WR, TE, and RB now to handle any injury situation. The only problem if MT misses more than a couple of games, it could kill the SB year.

Hopefully the OL stays intact, that would change things also. We are set if our IOL gets hurt but thin at OT but Coward should be ready to go with working with HH.

This year has the makings to be special. The improvement in the running game with Mitch and WRs in year two of Nagys O will be fun.  We get a lead will allow Pagano to do what he does best in attacking offenses.

It is getting sick how deep we are at some positions like WR and RB.  Guys like Nall, Hall, Wims that may not make the team.  

I'm not ready to say that yet but we are better at RB now than we were last year.  We are better at WR because all are in their second season in this offense and we have more depth, AMiller will be playing with two arms instead of one.  We are better at Oline simply because Daniels is now in his second season.  We are the same at TE, maybe better if you consider Sims being gone and Sowell taking his place as a much better blocker (cheaper too).   MT won't be anything less than what he was the last 4 games of the season so we should at least be better at QB than we were the first half of last year.  

On D we are the same at Dline, same at OLB.   At ILB we are better now than last year with Roquan starting his second year in the NFL and having a full offseason.  At CB we might be different with Callahan to Skrine but they offer different skills so there is some trade off among the pass defense and some improvement in the run defense.  Fuller and Prince remain the same but depth with Tolliver and this rookie out of Kansas Duke Shelley we should be better.   Who was our backup NB last year?  At Safety we are better with HHCD vs. Amos.  Packer fans won't admit it now but if you were to ask them 12mo ago if they wanted to get Amos vs. keeping HHCD they'd have laughed at the thought.  

Special teams is a wildcard but we won't be worse than last year.  You can pretty grab any FA kicker off the street and have them do what Parkey did for us last year.  

We were also out of the playoffs in the first round.  So I have to be realistic we have a ways to go but if numerous players take a routine step up in their production we could see a very good team this year.   

It is hard to imagine the defense being better, but I do not see much of a decline barring injuries. I think Mack after a full year on the team being better at least statistically. I think R. Smith will take a big leap forward, with several players advancing. Pagano is more of an aggressive coach than Fangio. I think we may give up a few more big plays because of it but also have more sacks and TOs. Our offense is where we become much better. Instead of 24 TDs I see MT getting around 30 and the running game will be much more consistent. Nagy has more toys to play with now which will result in more 20+ plays.. Patterson along with a better Miller and Robinson, our offense will take off. I find it hard to believe our Kicking situation will be worst. All of this results in a trip to the SB. Nagy will take off in his second season as a coach with all of these weapons and toys.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this defense has a chance to be historically good.  And it all starts with...  drum roll...  Mitchell Trubisky.

If Mitch makes the next progression he starts hitting those wide open receivers on the deep routes.  That opens up everything from the screens, crossing routes and especially running game.  This will give Nagy the ability to step on throats the way he wants, whether it be to score quickly to allow or D to pin its ears back or sustained drives to give them rest.

With Roquan and Mack getting a full training camp, Haha playing with a chip, Eddie being healthy and Floyd coming into his own, this D wow!  The other players just need to play at their usual level.  Just pray for Mitch and the health of this D.