Over 30

Bill

GO PACE.

When I was a kid I had a fantasy of being the Bears' GM. Now that I see a real GM, I know I am nowhere good enough to help the team.

Now I have a new dream.

I want to be the Packers' GM.

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I dont get it? My fantasy was being raped by 29 virgins, but everybody is different. Green Bay?

Because I know I could never do as good a job as Pace has done, but Im pretty sure I could ruin a team :)

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Not sure what's up.  Dreams of being raped by 29 virgins to wannabe gm's.  I thought everyone here thought they could be GM's.  

thats just because we had a team that hadnt had a GM since 1985, and we all thought we were better than the team that drafted David Terrell or Stan Thomas for example. Now that we see a real GM, we see where we actually stand.

12 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I think Angelo was a good GM until Lovie gained influence.  We'll just call that the "Men in Shorts" era.

Angelo was alright.  He had a better vision of what a football player was than Smith did.  Smith seemed think he could coach up any good athlete to be the player he wanted especially among the DBs.  

20 hours ago, adam said:

5 players currently 30 or over:

30 - Kyle Long, Buster Skrine
31 - Ted Larsen, Sherrick McManis
32 - Chase Daniel

Interesting setup for next year as we need cap space.  Skrine's contract says he'll be here in 2020, too much cap hit to let him go.  Daniel I don't see us keeping him around at $5mil/yr and at age 33/34 he won't have much value around the league.   I could see us doing something in the $2-3mil range or going with someone much cheaper like a draft pick.   Larsen is a 1yr rental but he's really a min contract player so someone will fill that spot for a similar hit.  McManis figure to be gone and that is quite likely to happen this year.   That leaves Kyle Long and his status will be hotly debated at the end of the season, unless he finishes it on IR.    

On 5/31/2019 at 7:23 AM, Mongo3451 said:

I think Angelo was a good GM until Lovie gained influence.  We'll just call that the "Men in Shorts" era.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:23 AM, Mongo3451 said:

If Longs stays healthy, I think they may redo his contract again for another year, but it is really hard to know how the brass is going to react to contracts after we win the SB. (dreamscape)

• 2 weeks later...