Trubisky Progressing

AZ54

This is OTA news and everyone in the NFL is happy (and doing great) at this time of year.  So I'm always cautious with what's being said.  In fact I put more value in watching the press conferences because you can see how the words are said.   Facial expressions, pauses to think about what to say, all make a difference.  At least for the moment it does look like Trubisky has taken a step forward with this offense.  Will that lead to a more relaxed player who is more focused on his throwing mechanics?   

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/5/29/18644961/mitch-trubisky-growing-up-fast-in-nagys-offense 

I think what they keep saying is how far ahead of where they were THIS TIME last year, not at the end of the season, and thats really not news.

We have to see him progress from where he was at the end of last year - and I expect that too, but if you listen, thats not what theyre saying. Theyre not saying he isnt either, they are just saying safe things for the reporters

13 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think what they keep saying is how far ahead of where they were THIS TIME last year, not at the end of the season, and thats really not news.

We have to see him progress from where he was at the end of last year - and I expect that too, but if you listen, thats not what theyre saying. Theyre not saying he isnt either, they are just saying safe things for the reporters

Generally you get all the fluff stuff at this time of year.  What matters more to me is what Helfrich and Nagy are saying and how they are saying it.   These guys might say positive stuff about the players but usually aren't this effusive with praise.  

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/5/29/18644961/mitch-trubisky-growing-up-fast-in-nagys-offense

“Last year he learned [this offense]. Now he’s trying to master it,” Nagy said Wednesday after the Bears’ fifth offseason practice at Halas Hall. “He’s done a wonderful job at trying to get to some of the adjustments we have within the plays, concepts and schemes. 

“It is literally night and day, in all the right ways,” Bears offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said. “Our standard for him is extremely high. But as far as the operation of what he’s supposed to do, what the defense is doing, manipulating protections — just the air about him — it’s way different.”

AZ - right, but theyre saying it is literally night and day compared to training camp last year, not compared to week 17.

I get that this is the new baseline that he grows from this year, and that awesome, but they arent saying this is a whole new Mitch Trubisky, theyre just saying he will keep growing from where he left off last year.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

AZ - right, but theyre saying it is literally night and day compared to training camp last year, not compared to week 17.

I get that this is the new baseline that he grows from this year, and that awesome, but they arent saying this is a whole new Mitch Trubisky, theyre just saying he will keep growing from where he left off last year.

Nobody has said anything about better throwing mechanics so we'll see.  The excuse of dealing with a new complex offense is gone.  

I think the most encouraging aspect of MTs progression is he has good teachers around him. Over the last 10 years did we ever think we had coaches in place to develop a QB? I think Pace has assembled a coaching team that can actually develop a QB. PLUS MT has talent, a good combo.

Thats awesome, never seen that. The thing we under estimate the most about this team is ( I will call) the brotherhood they have going. This, club dub, end zone

celebrations and big fat guys scoring TDs. The togetherness on this team is awesome

.19554947_1634829059869763_3618372296764719476_n.jpg

People also forget that Robinson didn't have an offseason with Trubisky last year. We really saw what they could do together against Philly. By the way, Trubisky and Robinson are both only 25. We could have a decade of what Trubisky called "The Dynamic Duo". Also, go watch the last drive of the Philly game before the double doink. Trubisky was locked in. If he plays close to that level, it's hard not to expect a decent bump across the board. It will also be interesting to see how the offense looks with Montgomery vs Howard. 

I really think Trubisky is going to explode on the league this year and will break the Bears single-season numbers for yards (Kramer-3838) , TDs (Kramer-29), and completions (Cutler-370). He needs 4,282 yards to tie Ed Brown for 6th all-time in Bears history, and would be close to 2nd all-time (Sid Luckman) with 2x back to back 4k passing seasons.

23 minutes ago, adam said:

People also forget that Robinson didn't have an offseason with Trubisky last year. We really saw what they could do together against Philly. By the way, Trubsiky and Robinson are both only 25. We could have a decade of what Trubisky called "The Dynamic Duo". Also, go watch the last drive of the Philly game before the double doink. Trubisky was locked in. If he plays close to that level, it's hard not to expect a decent bump across the board. It will also be interesting to see how the offense looks with Montgomery vs Howard. 

I really think Trubisky is going to explode on the league this year and will break the Bears single-season numbers for yards (Kramer-3838) , TDs (Kramer-29), and completions (Cutler-370). He needs 4,282 yards to tie Ed Brown for 6th all-time in Bears history, and would be close to 2nd all-time (Sid Luckman) with 2x back to back 4k passing seasons.

amen