PFF hates Trubisky

adam

4 hours ago, adam said:

Trubisky compared to Bortles?:

So what do you think?

Pure garbage analysis.  They offer no stats just plain observation and a lot of college level drivel.  Who are these guys?  The one interesting thing they bring up was the below average Wonderlic scores.  The one other thing similar to them was they both threw/have thrown to Allen Robinson.  

For me, Trubiskys more like Mariota than anyone.  I still think it’s too early to say Trubisky is like a flameout that is Bortles.  Although wouldn't it be interesting to see Bortles with that LA offense?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another one:

I love how he uses PFF to support his argument. Talk about cherry picking numbers.

Pretty funny to look at Trubisky's first two years vs some of the current HOFers:

Rodgers (first 3 seasons): 35-59, 59.3%, 329 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Brees (first 2 seasons): 335-553, 60.5%, 3505 yds, 18 TD, 16 INT
Brady (first 2 seasons): 265-416, 63.2%, 2843 yds, 18 TD, 12 INT

Again, hard to pass judgment so early. Crazy to think that Trubisky is playing better going into Year 3 than all 3 of these guys were going into their 3rd years (even though not all were starters yet). 

I don't want to belabor the point, just interesting to see how others view Trubisky without really watching him play. 

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Pure garbage analysis.  They offer no stats just plain observation and a lot of college level drivel.  Who are these guys?  The one interesting thing they bring up was the below average Wonderlic scores.  The one other thing similar to them was they both threw/have thrown to Allen Robinson.  

For me, Trubiskys more like Mariota than anyone.  I still think it’s too early to say Trubisky is like a flameout that is Bortles.  Although wouldn't it be interesting to see Bortles with that LA offense?

I even think saying he is Mariota is underselling him a little, but definitely a closer comp than freaking Blake Bortles. 

10 hours ago, adam said:

Here is another one:

I love how he uses PFF to support his argument. Talk about cherry picking numbers.

Pretty funny to look at Trubisky's first two years vs some of the current HOFers:

Rodgers (first 3 seasons): 35-59, 59.3%, 329 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Brees (first 2 seasons): 335-553, 60.5%, 3505 yds, 18 TD, 16 INT
Brady (first 2 seasons): 265-416, 63.2%, 2843 yds, 18 TD, 12 INT

Again, hard to pass judgment so early. Crazy to think that Trubisky is playing better going into Year 3 than all 3 of these guys were going into their 3rd years (even though not all were starters yet). 

I don't want to belabor the point, just interesting to see how others view Trubisky without really watching him play. 

Add Russell Wilson who in his second year threw for 3357 yds in 16 games with just a 63% comp rate.  Or maybe his 3rd year which was also 3475 yds at 63%.  

Ben Roethlisberger didn't break 4000 yds passing until his 6th season.   Before that his previous best was 3500yds.  

Andrew Luck  first four years comp:   54%, 60%, 61.7%, 55.3%   

My favorite comparison Cam Newton  60%, 57.7%, 61.7%, 58.5%, 59.8%, 52.9% 59.1% and FINALLY  67.9%   and  FWIW Trubisky has a better rushing average than Cam  6.1 vs. 5.2ypc 

Matt Ryan  first four years    3440yds 61.1%,    2916yds  58.3% (14 gm),  3705yds 62.5%,   4177yds  but just 61.3%

Fact is after just two seasons Trubisky is right in line, if not ahead of, many of the QBs who are considered the best in the game.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Add Russell Wilson who in his second year threw for 3357 yds in 16 games with just a 63% comp rate.  Or maybe his 3rd year which was also 3475 yds at 63%.  

Ben Roethlisberger didn't break 4000 yds passing until his 6th season.   Before that his previous best was 3500yds.  

Andrew Luck  first four years comp:   54%, 60%, 61.7%, 55.3%   

My favorite comparison Cam Newton  60%, 57.7%, 61.7%, 58.5%, 59.8%, 52.9% 59.1% and FINALLY  67.9%   and  FWIW Trubisky has a better rushing average than Cam  6.1 vs. 5.2ypc 

Matt Ryan  first four years    3440yds 61.1%,    2916yds  58.3% (14 gm),  3705yds 62.5%,   4177yds  but just 61.3%

Fact is after just two seasons Trubisky is right in line, if not ahead of, many of the QBs who are considered the best in the game.  

AZ, good supporting info. Pretty crazy to think how many players had less than stellar numbers their first few years. 

Also, consider Mahomes, only 1 game played as a rookie, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 62.9% and a Passer Rating of 76.4. This was in an offense that saw Alex Smith throw for 4k in 15 games, with 26 TDs and only 5 INTs. That would be a projection of 0 TDs and 16 INTs for the season (turrible).

21 hours ago, adam said:

AZ, good supporting info. Pretty crazy to think how many players had less than stellar numbers their first few years. 

Also, consider Mahomes, only 1 game played as a rookie, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 62.9% and a Passer Rating of 76.4. This was in an offense that saw Alex Smith throw for 4k in 15 games, with 26 TDs and only 5 INTs. That would be a projection of 0 TDs and 16 INTs for the season (turrible).

What's crazy is how few so-called analysts even look at this data.  This is the toughest position to play in sports from a mental standpoint and yet nobody is willing to give players time to learn it.  Further so few analysts know the history of how long it took many great QBs to become great.   

How many analysts know that once Hunt was cut by the Chiefs Mahomes' comp% dropped to 62.5% in the regular season and just 58.7% in the playoffs?  That's 61.5% combined over 7 games whereas with Hunt he was at 67.8%, in case you are wondering what having a good pass catching RB meant to him.      

• 2 weeks later...

In order to here football banter I have been watching PFT and NFL Live 5 days a week when they are on most of the subjects both approach are to stirrup talk!

Chris Simms who sucked as an NFL player( as well as Tim Hasselback another QB expert) has rookies on his list as well as a big wet butt slurp for Baker Mayfield and this is a theme throughout the media with Nick Foles in Jax being another media favorite. When he was the starter in AZ he sucked and Jared Goff got the starting nod because he sucked in LA, he just did an Earl Morrell small season and lead his team to a SB win. Kyler Murray is gonna suck if AZ doesn't shore up their O-line. Baker Mayfield has film on him now stay tune I don't care how much swag he has. Teams will know a little more about him next year.