Blewit waived

BearFan2000

Chris Blewit waived

I for one am breathing a sigh of relief that we won't open the season with a kicker named Blewit (not his fault), but the jokes write themselves.  So now we're down to Frey and Pineiro.  Ultimately what's most important is finding a long term solution at the kicker position.  We can't continue having the kicker position cost us games.  

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Chris Blewit waived

I for one am breathing a sigh of relief that we won't open the season with a kicker named Blewit (not his fault), but the jokes write themselves.  So now we're down to Frey and Pineiro.  Ultimately what's most important is finding a long term solution at the kicker position.  We can't continue having the kicker position cost us games.  

A name shouldn't matter...but I won't disagree w/ you!

5 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Chris Blewit waived

There was a story that came out shortly before Blewit was gone that said Nagy is now having the team use the ‘Masters silence’ (or something rather) when the kickers are up doing their practice.  Apparently they are drawing from the intense silence that occurs during major golf tournaments and when everyone is forced to be silent.  Nagy says the eerie effect adds to the intensity and pressure. 

It was said towards the end of the 100 anniversary celebration last weekend they had all of the team, about 20 alumni and family members all go out onto the practice field.  They had all three kickers try the infamous 43-yarder in front of that crowd with the ‘Masters silence’.  And according to the story...all three missed.  

Blewit may not be the only one shown the door.  

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-spt-bears-kickers-matt-nagy-masters-20190605-story.html

1 hour ago, Connorbear said:

I think Pinero ends up taking this job. 

Peace

I agree too, were it not for the injury he'd have likely remained the kicker in Oak.  He's definitely got the leg to make all the kicks.  Here's to him (or whoever it ends up being) makes us forget about the Parkey experiment.  

44 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

I agree too, were it not for the injury he'd have likely remained the kicker in Oak.  He's definitely got the leg to make all the kicks.  Here's to him (or whoever it ends up being) makes us forget about the Parkey experiment.  

I see no issue going with him and keeping an eye out for a vet cut later...

A  lot people are viewing our kicking completion as lame and say to find a vet cut off another team. Last year we signed a kicker that was a  vet that was third in the league in kicking. It didnt work out but that is what a lot of people want us to do this year. Just go with someone and hope for the best. Its not an exact science. 

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

A  lot people are viewing our kicking completion as lame and say to find a vet cut off another team. Last year we signed a kicker that was a  vet that was third in the league in kicking. It didnt work out but that is what a lot of people want us to do this year. Just go with someone and hope for the best. Its not an exact science. 

I read envy from ‘those people’ and other teams when I see stuff like this.  To only have to worry about a kicker for next season is a problem EVERY team wished they had. 

And to think had SF not slapped the tag on Robbie, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.  Robbie will be a Bear again...even if it’s only when he retires. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/6/12/18663212/bears-49ers-robbie-kicker-gould-sells-home