OMG

Stinger226

I made a comment on a twitter account that claimed Bear fans have anxiety over the speak talk that Amos is better than HaHa. I put out the stats that clearly show HaHa as a splash player. That HaHa was a cheap acquisition 3.5 compared to 9. That HaHa only has to be the 10th best player on a good defense where Amos has to be a savior for a poor defense. I have never had so much attention on twitter. It totally brought out the homeless people living in Wisconsin. Over 60 responses to my statements. They are dumber than I thought. I have always thought Amos was a good player and would have like to kept him, but a cheaper HaHa is more desirable than an expensive Amos. I get HaHa even though he had one pro bowl year, might not be a great player but the Packer fans think Amos is the bomb. Did I miss something watching 4 years of Amos? . 

Nah, I’m sure it’s more butt-hurt GB fans than anything.  I was (am) a fan of Amos’ but I don’t know that he’s better than Dix.  I think Dix is a more rangy player where I think Amos has more talent ‘in the box’.  If we had to lose a player like Amos, the sting was quickly healed by getting someone like Dix.  I especially like the special combo with he and Jackson back there.  

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I made a comment on a twitter account that claimed Bear fans have anxiety over the speak talk that Amos is better than HaHa. I put out the stats that clearly show HaHa as a splash player. That HaHa was a cheap acquisition 3.5 compared to 9. That HaHa only has to be the 10th best player on a good defense where Amos has to be a savior for a poor defense. I have never had so much attention on twitter. It totally brought out the homeless people living in Wisconsin. Over 60 responses to my statements. They are dumber than I thought. I have always thought Amos was a good player and would have like to kept him, but a cheaper HaHa is more desirable than an expensive Amos. I get HaHa even though he had one pro bowl year, might not be a great player but the Packer fans think Amos is the bomb. Did I miss something watching 4 years of Amos? . 

Stinger, post the link so I can hop on that thread. Sounds fun. Outside of PFF, HHCD is a better overall safety. Is he better than Amos at everything? No, but the things he is better at are more important to the team at the price point we got him for.

Also, how much worse is Amos going to look at the lead Safety on that team? He played with several All-Pros and Pro Bowlers.

They have different traits as players but to even attempt to compare HHCD at $3.5m vs. Amos at $9mil is ridiculous.  I liked Amos as a player, and I'm happy for him that he was awarded with that nice contract especially because he's a Packer.  All I ask is that they put him at FS.  

14 hours ago, adam said:

Stinger, post the link so I can hop on that thread. Sounds fun. Outside of PFF, HHCD is a better overall safety. Is he better than Amos at everything? No, but the things he is better at are more important to the team at the price point we got him for.

Also, how much worse is Amos going to look at the lead Safety on that team? He played with several All-Pros and Pro Bowlers.

12 hours ago, AZ54 said:

They have different traits as players but to even attempt to compare HHCD at $3.5m vs. Amos at $9mil is ridiculous.  I liked Amos as a player, and I'm happy for him that he was awarded with that nice contract especially because he's a Packer.  All I ask is that they put him at FS.  

For me I think there is more value in Dix over Amos. Amos is a good player but very little in splash plays. Dix has the upside of of producing and making a bigger impact. At 3.5 Dix also is playing for a contract which has high incentive to produce. Also playing with a better defense should help. I think there is value in trying to prove to GB that they screwed up and make them pay in the two games we play them. 

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

For me I think there is more value in Dix over Amos. Amos is a good player but very little in splash plays. Dix has the upside of of producing and making a bigger impact. At 3.5 Dix also is playing for a contract which has high incentive to produce. Also playing with a better defense should help. I think there is value in trying to prove to GB that they screwed up and make them pay in the two games we play them. 

This is a case of people wanting what they don't have.  With HHCD the Packers didn't always have a disciplined player, nor one who liked contact, but he made some big plays.   They are now willing to give up few big plays to get the sure thing. 

Meanwhile in Chicago we had the sure thing in Amos but there were no big turnovers/fumbles/etc. to go with it.  But he also didn't give up the big play to the offense.  Amos will take good angles but they always start 3-5 yards behind the receiver and he'll contain the play from getting behind him. 

For $9mil they have Amos.  We get HHCD and Goldman, or Floyd, or Roquan.  If you want to stay in FA deals we got HHCD and Patterson.