Emanuel Hall Cut

AZ54

He's fast and that was a speedy exit.   Nagy says there was too much competition.  I say for that much athletic talent to get cut this early he had to be lazy in meetings, study habits, or in the training room not rehabbing like he should.  Or perhaps all 3.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/practice-notes-another-fight-emanuel-hall-gets-cut-and-more-bears-first-practice-back-halas

57 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

He's fast and that was a speedy exit.   Nagy says there was too much competition.  I say for that much athletic talent to get cut this early he had to be lazy in meetings, study habits, or in the training room not rehabbing like he should.  Or perhaps all 3.  

Speaking of lazy, was he the one that came off some off season surgery or was that the other Hall?

No matter; he was an UDFA and (as Nagy says) there are plenty of good WRs on the team.  Notably Ridley and Wims who both seem to be holding their own.  

I saw that Pinero and Fry continue to trade ‘tit-for-tat’.  My money’s on Fry winning the battle between the two.  The question I have is; will there be another kicker brought in later in the preseason not currently on the roster?    

22 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Sounds like we will keep 6 WRs on the roster,. which makes sense.

I have this weird feeling, I wonder if Patterson can play TE.

Just like Devin Hester was at this point in his career, I think 5 years into a players career you know exactly what they are.  Patterson is not a TE.  He's not really a WR because his hands aren't that good.  If he was a legit WR with his size and speed he'd be making a lot more than $5mil/yr.  He's a gadget player who the defense still has to account for whenever he's on the field.   Plus he is just good enough as a WR that you can't ignore him on deep routes.  Wherever he goes he's taking someone with him or we gain a lot of yards.    

yeah youre right of course, I dont mean as a full time TE, I mean, can he play TE as a gadget.

NE used him at RB last year, so I dunno, I think a lot is possible. I surely think he could be a blocking TE if he is blocking a DB becasue they came out in nickel or dime because THEY thought he would be a WR.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Patterson is the same size as Burton, I think on some sets they line him up as a TE but actually he will be a WR in a TE spot. That is all Burton is anyway.

I agree, and if the defense goes into nickel, then Patterson could be blocking a DB, not a LB. If he's tough enough to play RB, he can play TE too.

I think we will have some crazy personnel groups with all the chess pieces we have

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I agree, and if the defense goes into nickel, then Patterson could be blocking a DB, not a LB. If he's tough enough to play RB, he can play TE too.

I think we will have some crazy personnel groups with all the chess pieces we have

Yes and one thing is very clear:  Nagy is not going to show anything in preseason to the Green Bay Packers.  I suspect Montgomery  and the rest of the RBs are done running routes except for some basic stuff.  We have plenty of rumors  that Mitch won't throw a pass in the preseason.  When you practice every day against the best defense in the NFL what more do you need?