Fugly

Bill

Ok.  One and a half games and so far I'm wondering where the plays are.  

Not one play made IMHO in the first half.  A strip and recovery because the Giants tackle blew his assignment.  And a kickoff for a touch down because a kicker was lackadaisical.  Nothing I saw all half that made me excited.

Guess we will be looking for a backup QB next year.

Time to play the starters next week just to?

It's only preseason!

The one player who stood out last night was Javon Wims.  Everyone else looked like either a backup (RRH, Williams, and maybe a couple others like Shelley),  a few look like practice squad players (some of the other DBs Joseph and Franklin III),  and most look like someone who will never wear a Bears uniform again.  Nall looked versatile in that he can do quite a few things lining up at different positions but he didn't look like he could get away from anyone.  Then Mizzell took his place and managed to make Nall's performance look much better.  I don't think Kerrith Whyte looks like anything more than a practice squad player, he needs a lot of work to loosen up his running style and quit focusing on speed.   Is Marvin Hall fast?   If so why is it he can't run past anyone?   I should add Calvin Ridley does look like he belongs on an NFL field.  

People are excited about Clifton Duck.  I don't see it.  He made a great diving INT but he's not fast and he's not exceptionally quick.  As a little guy you better be one of those two.  OTOH he's solid enough that he won't kill you in coverage, he'll just let a team walk right down the field.   At best he's a practice squad candidate but he'll have competition among Joseph and Franklin III.   

On 8/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Somewhere in this sh*t show resides some of our ‘depth’ players.  I know the roster is still at 90 so I’m hoping ... man am I ... that the performance  we saw tonight was the bottom half of that 90. 

Edit: I think Mizzell is done especially as a RB for Chicago. 

Having Mizzerable Mizzell off the team would be the best thing to come out of pre-season...