Bears at Colts - Preseason Week 3

adam

Just some quick notes as the plays happen:

- Kwiatkoski has looked much better, had a sack and some nice tackles in first half.

- Deon Bush with a 91-yard pick-6.

- Ryan Nall looks like a wrecking ball. Had a huge 69-yard run in first half.

- Chase Daniel still looks like garbage.

- Eddy Pineiro just kicked a 58-yarder straight down the middle. Would've been good from 60.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Just some quick notes as the plays happen:

- Kwiatkoski has looked much better, had a sack and some nice tackles in first half.

- Deon Bush with a 91-yard pick-6.

- Ryan Nall looks like a wrecking ball. Had a huge 69-yard run in first half.

- Chase Daniel still looks like garbage.

- Eddy Pineiro just kicked a 58-yarder straight down the middle. Would've been good from 60.

I still think Nall makes the 53.   He appears to be getting every chance to be one of the core special teams players because he's out there early in each game.  Plus tonight when it was Whyte's series in the first quarter Nall was inserted on a 3rd and long.  either that's a breather for Whyte or the coaches have more trust in Nall in passing situations.   

FWIW Bunting appears to be in a similar situation and getting the same opportunities as he tries to earn one of the last 3 spots on the roster.  I like his chances too over Braunecker.   

Just got back to our hotel from the game and I echo what Adam said

kwit had a much better game and was quite active. 

Nall has looked good this preseason and tonight he had a huge run on 1st and 30 following an offensive PI and a holding. I feel he has earned a roster spot. He would have had a TD a few plays later were it not callled back  

Bush’s pick 6 was a thing of beauty. 

We need to find a better backup QB. Daniel is awful. The offense started to move the ball with Brey. Not that he’s the answer but the offense found some rhythm when Daniel left. 

Pineiro seems to have secured the job. Perfect on the night including the 58 yarder.  I was hoping we’d have given him a shot on the 4th and 17 that we went for I believe in the 4th. 

Nearly all the first half was meh on both sides of the ball with a few highlight plays sprinkled in. We couldn’t move the ball anwe struggled to stop them.  A lot of missed tackles and poor angles. Yeh one play their WR pretty much juked two defenders out of their shoes and scored an easy TD. 

On an interesting side note. The guy sitting behind us was Clifton Duck’s uncle. Pretty cool. The kids a long shot, but neat to talk to someone with a connection to the team. 

19 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Just got back to our hotel from the game and I echo what Adam said

kwit had a much better game and was quite active. 

Nall has looked good this preseason and tonight he had a huge run on 1st and 30 following an offensive PI and a holding. I feel he has earned a roster spot. He would have had a TD a few plays later were it not callled back  

Bush’s pick 6 was a thing of beauty. 

We need to find a better backup QB. Daniel is awful. The offense started to move the ball with Brey. Not that he’s the answer but the offense found some rhythm when Daniel left. 

Pineiro seems to have secured the job. Perfect on the night including the 58 yarder.  I was hoping we’d have given him a shot on the 4th and 17 that we went for I believe in the 4th. 

Nearly all the first half was meh on both sides of the ball with a few highlight plays sprinkled in. We couldn’t move the ball anwe struggled to stop them.  A lot of missed tackles and poor angles. Yeh one play their WR pretty much juked two defenders out of their shoes and scored an easy TD. 

On an interesting side note. The guy sitting behind us was Clifton Duck’s uncle. Pretty cool. The kids a long shot, but neat to talk to someone with a connection to the team. 

That's cool about Duck's uncle. He should make the PS.

He's got a good shot at making the practice squad, good kid, plays hard, has had a decent preseason with one game to go.

One thing I liked about the turnovers we got in this game is they weren't the dumb luck variety where a ball just bounces to someone or is thrown right to them.  These were athletic plays.  The pick six Bush took the ball from the WR and was able to get up untouched and take off.  The TD off the sack fumble later to recognize it was a live ball to scoop and score.  Guys were fighting and making plays.  In a game that seemed like it was going to be lopsided in favor of the Colts.  Second half was bottom end of the rosters but there were some really good individual plays made.  

The late TD from Brey to Horsted (sp?) lob throw and catch was beautiful.  

They also took time to honor Chuck Pagano which was very classy.