Miller

Alaskan Grizzly

Saw that Miller returned to practice after being out with an injury since 11 August.  I honestly didn’t know he was injured and not only that but that it was an ankle injury.  Knowing he’s had some issues with his shoulder I was curious about his overall injury history.  Am I wrong in feeling like I’m seeing the ghost of Kevin White still lurking Bears field?  I don’t get the ‘warm and fuzzies’ most of you do about Miller when I see players like Wims and Ridley on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw that Miller returned to practice after being out with an injury since 11 August.  I honestly didn’t know he was injured and not only that but that it was an ankle injury.  Knowing he’s had some issues with his shoulder I was curious about his overall injury history.  Am I wrong in feeling like I’m seeing the ghost of Kevin White still lurking Bears field?  I don’t get the ‘warm and fuzzies’ most of you do about Miller when I see players like Wims and Ridley on the roster. 

Miller played 15 games last year and had 33 catches and 7 TDs. He was a second round pick. 

White played 14 games over 4 years with the Bears with 25 catches and 0 TDs. He was the #7 pick in the draft. 

There is no comparison. Miller had a shoulder issue in college that they resolved this off season with surgery.  IMO he's a much better player than Wims or Ridley. He's going to be fine. 

Peace

12 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

There is no comparison. Miller had a shoulder issue in college that they resolved this off season with surgery.  IMO he's a much better player than Wims or Ridley. He's going to be fine. 

The comparison was more in line with injury history than productivity.  And to be fair his ‘college shoulder injury’ was listed as unspecified when he was a rookie I believe (which caused him to redshirt).  He injured a shoulder (not sure it was the same as was in college) twice last year (both time dislocations) and had off season labrum surgery.  He also has a stress fracture injury listed for his right foot from 2015(?).  

Maybe it’s nothing...

11 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The comparison was more in line with injury history than productivity.  And to be fair his ‘college shoulder injury’ was listed as unspecified when he was a rookie I believe (which caused him to redshirt).  He injured a shoulder (not sure it was the same as was in college) twice last year (both time dislocations) and had off season labrum surgery.  He also has a stress fracture injury listed for his right foot from 2015(?).  

Maybe it’s nothing...

I'm fairly sure White had no injury history in college (nothing serious at least) but i get your thought pattern. I just think it's way too early in Miller's career to be saying he's going to be a bust. 

Peace

Miller will be fine. I am not concerned with him as the injuries were completely unrelated (upper vs lower body). He just rolled an ankle which will happen. At least he gets a few weeks to get it to 100%.  I am more worried about Shaheen. We don't even need that much production from Shaheen, his sheer presence on the field creates mismatches all over.