Titans @ Bears-Preseason week 4

McGowan

he looks like a head case - VERY fragile, whether he makes it or not. too much relief when he makes it etc.

I wont be shocked to see us pick someone up in the next week.

I'd say Piniero has a 50/50 shot to make the team. Maybe even 40/60.

53 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

he looks like a head case - VERY fragile, whether he makes it or not. too much relief when he makes it etc.

I wont be shocked to see us pick someone up in the next week.

I'd say Piniero has a 50/50 shot to make the team. Maybe even 40/60.

Head case? Where did that come from? Did you see him freak out after missing the ep? Or did you see his leg strength when he made those fgs? I like the kid and from what I've read he ifits in in the locker room. I saw a strong leg when I watched his fg tonight.

8 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I saw him celebrate too much when he made them. Im just saying, he looks fragile to me. And the coaches seem to be protecting him too, so they think he's fragile too.

Just sayin I like the kid, and I want the K to celebrate. He's earned it after all the pressure of a team that has'nt had a solid K since a year before Gould left. Gould's last year was brutal and I was one that had no interest in him coming back. Edy, Edy, Edy!

If we keep him, Im ALL behind him of course. And I want nothing more than a good and steady kicker.

I dont hate the guy, or love him. I see his talent, but he doesnt seem to be confident, and Im just saying I wont be shocked if Pace, Nagy and Tabor go another way.

15 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tyler Bray seems to be a solid QB...at least during the preseason. 

And what to make of Tyler Horstead?  Hub Arkush dubbed him a “Burton clone”. 

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20190829/hub-arkush-two-bears-stand-out-in-preseason-finale-loss-to-titans

Jesper Horsted has talent. I think it comes down to Bunting or Horsted for a roster spot. 

Peace

7 hours ago, Connorbear said:

He's listed at 6'3", 237. 

Peace

Here's what I read on the Bears website:

Part of the issue might be that Horsted, listed at 215 pounds, is the lightest tight end on the Bears roster. Once an oversized 6-4 receiver, he is now adjusting to the realities of his new position.

"You really got to get in it at tight end," said Horsted. "At the wide receiver spot, you're kind of out there. You're dealing with cornerbacks, who you can throw around a little bit as a bigger guy. Now, I'm the smaller guy and getting thrown around if I don't have good technique."

The transition was slowed by a knee injury that has been bothering Horsted since the spring. He finally reached full health last week, just in time for the game against the Colts, and credits the patience of the Bears coaching staff for his recovery.

"It had kind of just been hindering me," said Horsted. "They did a really good job of giving me time to make sure it's fully healed, so it didn't continue to compound. And now I feel good. I feel really good."

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's what I read on the Bears website:

Part of the issue might be that Horsted, listed at 215 pounds, is the lightest tight end on the Bears roster. Once an oversized 6-4 receiver, he is now adjusting to the realities of his new position.

"You really got to get in it at tight end," said Horsted. "At the wide receiver spot, you're kind of out there. You're dealing with cornerbacks, who you can throw around a little bit as a bigger guy. Now, I'm the smaller guy and getting thrown around if I don't have good technique."

The transition was slowed by a knee injury that has been bothering Horsted since the spring. He finally reached full health last week, just in time for the game against the Colts, and credits the patience of the Bears coaching staff for his recovery.

"It had kind of just been hindering me," said Horsted. "They did a really good job of giving me time to make sure it's fully healed, so it didn't continue to compound. And now I feel good. I feel really good."

This is from Hub Arkush's article on Friday in the Daily Herald:

Horsted was a wide receiver in college and set the school career records for catches (196) and touchdowns (28) while also starring for the Princeton baseball team and compiling an impressive academic resume.

At 6-3, 237, Horsted is a Trey Burton clone, which, while a good thing, is not really the position the Bears are trying to fill as they need another solid Y tight end more than another U.

I just want to say, that while I do still worry about Piniero's consistency and mental state, I trust Tabor, Pace and Nagy to do the right thing. So I am not rooting for him to be gone, but I will be rooting for him to fulfill his potential and do a great job. I hope he hits his kicks, especially the critical ones, and grows into the kind of kicker we can really trust.

Here's to Piniero breaking all the Bears' scoring records by the end of his long multi-championship career.

35 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I just want to say, that while I do still worry about Piniero's consistency and mental state, I trust Tabor, Pace and Nagy to do the right thing. So I am not rooting for him to be gone, but I will be rooting for him to fulfill his potential and do a great job. I hope he hits his kicks, especially the critical ones, and grows into the kind of kicker we can really trust.

Here's to Piniero breaking all the Bears' scoring records by the end of his long multi-championship career.

From your lips to God's ears!!!! AMEN!