Bears vs Packers - Week 1 - Official Game Thread (Thu, Sep 5th, 7:20 PM CT/NBC/Bears -3, O/U 46)

adam

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, I saw on the Bears website that the ‘experts’ have spoken and predominately picked the Packers.    The national sports writers and commentators, minus Mike Golic, have sided with the Pack.  Golic joined all the local Chicago sportswriters in picking the Bears.

Ill be frank; I’m not as confident about the Bears as I should be going into this game but I’ll agree with many of you that this tendency of the national media not liking the Bears is getting old.  Guess there’s only one way to change that and simply ‘play the game’.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/the-pick-is-in-bears-vs-packers

I've had to do a bunch of yard work and house cleaning to help pass the time.  I'm now sitting down and ready for some Football.  I am tired of all the disrespect the national media has been giving the Bears this year.  But being a Sacramento Kings fan I'm used to it.  It's starts tonight winning that respect from everyone.

I know this is just one game.  But this one is much more important than a season opener like last year.  It's time the Bears  start to put to rest the Roger's era in the NFC North and start putting their mark on the division and the rest of NFL for the next decade.

I'm looking for a statement game from both the D and the offense and not be close.  

30-10

Oh and yes I have my helmet up and rotating.  Go Bears!!!

"Man Bill, I’m coming to your house!  That sounds amazing!!!!!"

Yea, just finished my 2nd pulled pork sandwich.  Great flavor.  Just smoked pork and a good hard roll, simple and delicious!  Gotta love smoked pork.  

So win lose or draw this in on Nagy.  Gotta do a better job getting your team ready for a week one milestone game such as this.  Where is the run game?

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

"Man Bill, I’m coming to your house!  That sounds amazing!!!!!"

Yea, just finished my 2nd pulled pork sandwich.  Great flavor.  Just smoked pork and a good hard roll, simple and delicious!  Gotta love smoked pork.  

So win lose or draw this in on Nagy.  Gotta do a better job getting your team ready for a week one milestone game such as this.  Where is the run game?

Pulled pork and Cuban sandwiches are awesome!  Like it!

Ive never been a fan of Nagy not playing his starters more in the preseason. Especially when you have a QB like Trubisky who struggles playing his position in game time situations.  He needs more reps to become proficient ... plain and simple. 

17 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Pulled pork and Cuban sandwiches are awesome!  Like it!

Ive never been a fan of Nagy not playing his starters more in the preseason. Especially when you have a QB like Trubisky who struggles playing his position in game time situations.  He needs more reps to become proficient ... plain and simple. 

Agreed.  But we ran 15 times.  That's on Nagy.  GB's D was great.