One Play to Sum up the Game

adam

This play pretty much sums up the offense in Game 1. In the 1st Quarter, 3rd and 9 from the GB 39, the Bears come out trips left and keep 7 in to protect and still allow a sack with 2 extra blockers. Long and Daniels both literally touched Martinez and let him through with zero resistance to block no one? 

The play call was also terrible. The only receivers are between the left hash and the sidelines (making it easy to defend). The only possible completion at this point is an out to Robinson or a post to Cohen (which takes longer to develop) inside the safety and past the LBs, which is a tough throw with pressure up the middle. The only chance is if Mitch sees the pressure a split second earlier, can step up and then scramble thru the left side. 

This type of pass pro is what Mitch dealt with all game. The routes (play calls) were also very odd. Nothing played off each other. No clearing routes, no roll-outs to the right, and too few screens to slow the pressure.

Only one game, and technically, besides the score, GB's offense played worse than ours. 

cap1.JPG

cap2.JPG

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I go back even earlier.  The first play of the game on offense.  A simple pitch and they could not get it right.  A sure sign to me they were not ready too play in weak one.  MS on purpose.

That play could have been a TD if Cohen catches it right.  

On 9/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Mongo3451 said:

That wasn't a bad play call.  If Long picks his man up instead of worrying about the delayed blitz, it's very likely a good completion to Robinson.  Terrible, terrible fundamental mistake by Long.

You are right that it summarized the game.  The OL was pitiful.  A very complacent effort.

You have the only 3 receivers running routes between the hashes and the sidelines. What that tells me is the play call was designed to make it easier on Mitch. He only has to worry about half the field. My problem is GB showed blitz, and even though different guys dropped back, there should be a hot. Someone that Trubisky has cut off their route. In this case, probably Robinson. The ball should already be out of Mitch's hand in the 2nd screenshot.