Antonio Brown saga

adam

Wow, this has been a crazy couple of days. The best part about this for the Bears? Potentially better draft compensation for the Mack trade. If the Raiders are even worse than we expected them to be this year, then we should get a better 2nd round pick for our 1st next year. Something like our high 20's (or #32) for their #33-35 would be insanely awesome.

Teams like those early 2nd day picks too, which makes them extremely valuable if we wanted to move down a few spots.

Glad I only have Brown in a free FF league as a WR1.  Took AJ Green with a late pick, now I will hold two inactives on my bench. 

If the Bears do not turn around from Thursdays performance, the Raiders might have a high first round pick from us. 

Lord, please help Nagy, Trubisky, and the 5 OL find the vision and power to defeat the remaining opposition. Amen  

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Glad I only have Brown in a free FF league as a WR1.  Took AJ Green with a late pick, now I will hold two inactives on my bench. 

If the Bears do not turn around from Thursdays performance, the Raiders might have a high first round pick from us. 

Lord, please help Nagy, Trubisky, and the 5 OL find the vision and power to defeat the remaining opposition. Amen  

We may not be a 12 win team, but I can't imagine us losing more than 5-6 games. That was probably the worst collective performance we can possibly see out of our offense and play calling. That is what rock bottom looks like, when Murphy's Law hits you in the face. Take zero preseason snaps, subtract Burton from game plan, abandon run game, take stupid penalties, and have a revolving door on the line, and that is what you get. Most of those can be addressed by next week. 

It is unfortunate for the Raiders.  If this was the plan all along, they should be granted compensation. It is good for the Bears as it helps us get value back in the Mack trade, but I would hate to see players use this tactic in the future. Wonder how long Gronkowski stays retired.  This might have him thinking one more ring.  

13 hours ago, Bill said:

So he shits on two teams and fan bases and he gets rewarded in less then a day.  I'm just about done wasting my time and money on the NFL.  Pro sports truly has no soul.  And he posts Gods Plan.  LMAS

Yeah, it is getting pretty ridiculous. I don't know how he can get away with what he has done and not be punished by the league. Brown literally retweeted a Tweet that said Mike Mayock should be raped. How is that not punishable under the league's conduct policy?

There is a small group of individuals that are ruining the standards and integrity of the game. It started to get out of hand when the money blew up. Now you have some borderline illiterate people who can barely speak, read, or, write, but because they can catch a football can make 50x more than a Neurosurgeon and we complain about healthcare costs but are quick to throw $150 on a jersey. It's just the world we live in and it only seems to be getting worse every year.

16 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It is unfortunate for the Raiders.  If this was the plan all along, they should be granted compensation. It is good for the Bears as it helps us get value back in the Mack trade, but I would hate to see players use this tactic in the future. Wonder how long Gronkowski stays retired.  This might have him thinking one more ring.  

It's crazy that Brown gets off scott free. Isn't there a league conduct policy?  The Raiders should've put something in the language with the trade with the Steelers. Make it conditional, they didn't, so they lose out big time.

I figure Gronk will magically appear after the Pats Bye Week (Week 10). 

2 hours ago, adam said:

It's crazy that Brown gets off scott free. Isn't there a league conduct policy?  The Raiders should've put something in the language with the trade with the Steelers. Make it conditional, they didn't, so they lose out big time.

I figure Gronk will magically appear after the Pats Bye Week (Week 10). 

Did you see Browns social media, he had a camera crew there.  This was all pre-planned and for as quick as he was a Patriot, I'd say they were involved. This has to have team owners furious and it will add language into future contracts making it tougher for these to happen.

we

On 9/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, adam said:

Wow, this has been a crazy couple of days. The best part about this for the Bears? Potentially better draft compensation for the Mack trade. If the Raiders are even worse than we expected them to be this year, then we should get a better 2nd round pick for our 1st next year. Something like our high 20's (or #32) for their #33-35 would be insanely awesome.

Teams like those early 2nd day picks too, which makes them extremely valuable if we wanted to move down a few spots.

we're going to need that high 2nd rounder to trade up to pick a QB lol

12 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

we

we're going to need that high 2nd rounder to trade up to pick a QB lol

If we lose to Denver and Mitch plays bad, we are in for a long year and probably a 7-9 record. As bad as that would be to take, it would give us two high 2nd rounders, potentially two in the top 10 picks (32-42). Those two picks could get us to pick 15 or 16 if they decided to package them together. If the Bears were in that position, I could see them trading their 2021 first and one of the 2020 seconds to move back into the first for a QB. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it and Trubisky will recover. 

I was going to say this after the conclusion of the Thursday game but felt emotions would be too raw.  I predict that Trubisky will no longer be the starting QB next year (if not sooner).  I agree with Adam that "if we lose to Denver" not only will things only get worse, I'd like to see what Daniel or even Bray could do in this offense. I'm not kidding when I say Bray considering how solid (to me) he looked in the preseason.  Yes I know its a bit cliché to wish for the backup when the starter sucks, but it is what it is.