Sunday Early Games

adam

These games do not have me optimistic about our season going forward. Our offense looks even worse compared to some of these other teams. Jacksonville brought in a rookie (Minshew) after Foles went out and is slinging it all over the place. If you didn't know who the players were, you would say without a doubt that Minshew was a veteran compared to Trubisky (if you only watched the GB game). Lamar Jackson? 200+ yards and 4 TDs in first half (Baltimore w/ 42 pts in a half). Mahomes has a 300 yard game (in the first half) with Hill out with injury. 

Also, in regards to Nagy and the playcalling, it is clear that he is a huge part of the problem. All the successful plays I am seeing are bread and butter play actions, post routes, slant routes, and screens. None of his BS "laboratory" stuff is working.

It's not all bad however, our defense still looks legit though, some really bad defenses out there. Also, Vedvik the kicker everyone wanted has already missed a couple of kicks and the rookie in CLE missed an extra point. So our kicker situation is not as bad as we may believe.

I’m watching the Cleveland / Titans game to see the newest iteration of OBJ and how he and the new Browns do.  So far this game has been a predominately defensive contest.  With the running of Henry making most of the difference on the offensive side of the ball (so far).  There also has been a fair share of penalties indicating the Bears and Packers were not the only ones playing sloppy ball the first week out. 

Oh, Case Keemun has thrown over 250 yards and 2 TDs in the first half for Washington in a 20-7 lead over Philly.  

It's week one and we don't know anything about how the NFL landscape will play out except for a few elite teams and a few really bad teams like Miami and TB.  We lost our first game last year and still ended up with 12 wins.  Absolutely nobody expected that after week 1.   

This time after week 1 it seems clear our D is already better than last year.  I don't think our offense will stay worse than last year.  At a minimum we'll see offense similar to what we had last year and likely it will get even better than that.   If teams stay with the Packers Dime approach on D we'll be tearing them up in the running game soon enough.