Fangio overrated?

Bill

I hadn't realized that Fangio had been a Defensive Coordinator for five teams; Panthers (1995-98), Colts (99-2001), Texans (2002-2005), 49ers (2011-2014) and the Bears (2015-18).  Knowing he probably had some say in some of the players acquired, he definitely was able to get the best out of them, especially when with the 49ers and Bears.  While with the 49ers the lowest his defenses was ever ranked was No 5 overall (first two years) and while with the Bears (14th - year one, and 15th year two).  His previous stops showed more regression so maybe something clicked once he got to San Francisco?  At any rate, I don't think he's overrated at all as a DC...especially these days.  Like Adam pointed out, being an HC is a totally different ball of wax and we'll have to wait and see how that goes.  

After seeing their game last night, I'm a little less concerned with how their offense (most notably Flacco) will perform.  But I'm not the least bit convinced our Bears (especially Nagy and Trubisky) can look past their D. 

I'd never look past their D especially given the edge protection issues we had last week with Leno and Massie.  Massie was better than Leno.   We better be able to run up the middle on their D or find a way to seal the edge with better blocking from both Sowell and Shaheen or we'll go nowhere again.