Bears at Broncos Week 2 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Sep 15th, 3:25 PM CT/NBC/Bears -2, O/U 40.5)

adam

Joe Flacco is the Broncos QB, they played on MNF, and lost to the Raiders. Derek Carr was not sacked, and Flacco was sacked 3 times by the Raiders defense. Carr also completed 84.6% of his passes. The defense should shred the Broncos O-Line. The guy I am most worried about is Sanders, as he is like Albert Wilson and Randall Cobb, very slippery working out of the slot. 

I am less worried about Vic Fangio knowing the offense and don't think this will be a very big factor. 

The Bears need a win here because the odds of making the playoffs after a 1-1 start vs an 0-2 start is huge.

I don't even need to see a huge game from Trubisky, just play better, make better decisions, and connect on some of those plays that were left on the field last week. Let's get the running game going and feature Montgomery and get Miller more involved.

Kicking range should not be a problem, so Pineiro should get more chances.

I think the Bears right the wrongs from last week and look much better than they did against GB on offense, and the defense doesn't allow a TD.

Bears 27-9

• adam featured this topic
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears need to have a more balanced offense, plain and simple.  More running, less passing.  Keep Mitch’s passing options simple.  

Defensively I’m not too awful worried.  It seems everyone is stepping up and now Mack isn’t as obvious on the team because of it. I’m still concerned about Fangio’s knowledge of the Bears and his ability to put together a formidable defense.  He’s still got some pretty stout pieces in Denver (Wolfe, Chubb and Miller along the line and Harris and Callahan in the backfield among them).  I said it before but I still think how goes Flacco, so goes Denver.  

Bears eek out a win: 10-7 or 14-10. 

I think Nagy spent some offseason time preparing for this matchup. He is going to bait Fangio and do a switcheroo. 

It will come down to the trenches, if Daniel's makes the right line calls and they give Mitch time, he should settle down and not make rookie mistakes. The Bears awaken from hibernation and feast on Broncos for lunch 25-6.

From the ChicagoBears.com piece “The Pick is In”.  Same as last week, Golic siding with the Chicago beat writers (except for the traitor Rick Morrisey)   ugh-  

Here’s to hoping they are all .500 after this weekend.  (and Morrisey goes 0-2).

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/the-pick-is-in-bears-at-broncos

Watching the GB / Minn game.  The Vikings came out slow but are making up for some of their own self-inflicted mistakes and playing more solid as the game wears on.  I have no question the Bears D is better than Minnesota’s but they’re getting better at blunting Rodgers later in the game.  

And watching Cousins is like watching what you expect from an NFL QB in a situation like they’re in. Not many mistakes or panic driven decisions.  It’s almost like he’s a better QB than what Chicago has. I know that can’t be, especially given he’s not a “Franchise QB picked in the first round”. 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, adam said:

The guy I am most worried about is Sanders, as he is like Albert Wilson and Randall Cobb, very slippery working out of the slot. 

Already some quick passes to Sanders out of the slot, ugh, this is not that hard to defend, wtf.

3 and out......

Montgomery no where to run on 1st, Cohen same on 2nd, Trubisky avoids pressure and makes a nice deep throw to Cohen, but the pass is broken up. The theme, O-Line still looks like garbage. Two runs where RB's hit in the backfield and Trubisky couldn't even get to his drop back before having to scramble on 3rd. So much for a great start with scripted plays. Ugh.

Shaheen with huge 3rd down catch. Actually makes the catch, a move, then powers past the line to gain. Nice to see him actually make a play.  Also to note, Shaheen was not the first option, Trubisky went thru his progressions and hit him near the sidelines.

• adam unfeatured this topic