Bears at Raiders - Week 5 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Oct 6, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears -5.5, O/U 40.5)

adam

Long story short, was reading around and someone pointed out this was about where the Bears were this time last year (~3-2 around the bye and after losing to the Dolphins).  Anyhow, I don’t think yesterday is an indication of how well this team can play.  I think they’re more along the line of how they played against the Vikings the week before and will again, especially the D.  The bears offense put up 21 answered points yesterday; that’s unheard of for the Bears normally.  

I think the team is too talented, the coaches too smart to let this get out of hand. I’m chalking up the near loss to Denver and the near win last night to bad conditions (high altitude and intercontinental travel) and poor planning coming up with the play we saw.  They were saying early in yesterdays game that Gruden was 0-2 in London games because he arrived a day or two before the game.  This time he switched it up and came over the Monday before.  And considering they had all that time to adjust and our team didn’t, I wouldn’t think yesterday’s game really was all that bad.  It certainly was entertaining. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very obvious that the overseas trip affected there play. In the second half the OL gave Daniel more time . Clearly our OL is wreaking our offense. Leno alone probably contrived more to the loss than any other player. Roquan played terrible, what ever his problem was, it is still with him. Out of position, couldnt tackle. Not good. We are not as bad as we looked on this day, or not as good as we looked against Minny.  Right now 9 wins maybe. 

So how do we fix it?

MT needs to be healthy.

They need to replace Leno with Bars and accept his rookie mistakes. 

They need to replace Long with Coward and hope for the best.

I think the defense will take care of itself. If they have one bad game out of 5, we can probably over come that.

The Oline is killing any kind of offensive rhythm and allowing no punch in the run.

Clearly when you have an oversea game, you need to go early. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

They need to replace Leno with Bars and accept his rookie mistakes. 

Speaking of; found an interesting article from Brad Biggs (below, and can’t remember if we do or don’t like him).  Anyhow, #s 6 and 7 on his list talk about Bars (and his choice NOT to play for the Patriots) and TE Jesper Horstead (also choosing the Bears PS over being on another teams 53).  They both refer to the positive Bears culture for why they are staying and that it exudes good vibes. Maybe it is time to bring in some newer guys to see how they do in their relative positions?  Coward looked good in his relief duty a few weeks back.  It can’t get much worse right? 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-oakland-raiders-10-thoughts-brad-biggs-20191007-7rnfxuxvm5ee7bwzhyop7ejipi-story.html

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Speaking of; found an interesting article from Brad Biggs (below, and can’t remember if we do or don’t like him).  Anyhow, #s 6 and 7 on his list talk about Bars (and his choice NOT to play for the Patriots) and TE Jesper Horstead (also choosing the Bears PS over being on another teams 53).  They both refer to the positive Bears culture for why they are staying and that it exudes good vibes. Maybe it is time to bring in some newer guys to see how they do in their relative positions?  Coward looked good in his relief duty a few weeks back.  It can’t get much worse right? 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-oakland-raiders-10-thoughts-brad-biggs-20191007-7rnfxuxvm5ee7bwzhyop7ejipi-story.html

They both need to be activated, cut Long or put on IR, and I would rather see Horstead over Shaheen at this point. Does anyone know if Shaheen even played?

I think that missing Hicks and Nichols caught up with us. I saw guys like Incognito beating our DEs. They were able to double team Goldman, and ran right up the middle, taking mack out of the game, and eliminating Smith's speed advantage.

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

How terrible was our defense yesterday? How in the world did we get punched in the morn like that?

Not just yesterday.  Our defense has squandered numerous opportunities to lock up a game by getting a stop.  And even worse, really long scoring drives.  It's like the can't finish...