Bears at Raiders - Week 5 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Oct 6, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears -5.5, O/U 40.5)

adam

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

How is it one year removed from Harry Hiestand being heralded as the best Oline coach the team has seen in a long time is now putting this product on the field?  The only real change from this year to last is Daniels and Whitehair swapping places. 

I asked the exact same thing. How is he still employed? The line has been that bad. 

23 minutes ago, adam said:

Anthony Miller....wtf. He has been a huge disappointment. We essentially gave up 2x 2nds for him and he can't catch a pass when it hits both of his hands.

This.  ^^ 

I’m not a believer.  Time to let players like Wims and Ridley step up.  

Edit:  ok maybe he redeemed himself during this last drive.

Looks to me like Nagy made some halftime adjustments.  And Raiders are shooting them selves in the feet...

and just like that defense comes alive, Cohen has a huge punt return, and Daniel to ARob again! Bears up 21-17! Holy crap! 21 unanswered points and the Raiders don't know what happened. Defense needs a stop here, don't give them any life.

Miller with a stupid taunting penalty and Raiders get the ball at our 35 after long run back, wtf.

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

“Peanut punch” McManis to the rescue!!!!!

Or was that Tillman wearing #27?!?!! 

🥳 

McManis never needs to be a healthy scratch again. He did that while being held, huge heads up play to save a TD. 

29 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I think they should bench Leno and Long after the bye.  Make a statement and wake their poor olay asses up. 

On the Roughing the Passer call against Daniel, Long literally tapped the defender's shoulder as he let him by. Embarrassing. 

As currently playing with this O-Line, this is a 7-8 win team. 

What's crazy is KPL doesn't run into the kicker, we probably win the game.

I'm done with this team as Superbowl contenders.

Team came in totally unprepared to play, caught 3 lucky breaks between the Carr fumble, the McManis punch, and the Daniel INT that was called back because of a bogus roughing the passer penalty.Oakland ran all over them with impunity. Absolutely zero pressure on Carr. It was just a horrible game from start to finish.

The offense was bad, as usual, but they scored 24 points and had a lead late in the game until the defense choked the game away yet again in a clutch moment. This is now the 3rd consecutive time the defense hasn't been able to stop a team from taking back the lead in a do or die situation (PHI, DEN, OAK). As talented as they are, we need to stop referring to them as the best in the NFL. They are most certainly not anymore. 

Lastly, I'll just say this about the offense: Their run game is one of the worst I have ever seen from an offense. David Montgomery has like 2 or 3 runs for over 10 yards this year. That's it! They're so bad that they are even committing holds on plays where Montgomery is losing yards! Between Leno and Long, I'm not sure who's been worse for them this year, but the penalties are an absolute killer. Allen Robinson has been the only consistently good performer on offense for them this year. He's a beast.

3-2 heading into the bye. Their schedule is brutal now. This loss very well could be season defining if they follow it up with another loss to New Orleans. So disgusted with this team.

18 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

I'm done with this team as Superbowl contenders.

Team came in totally unprepared to play, caught 3 lucky breaks between the Carr fumble, the McManis punch, and the Daniel INT that was called back because of a bogus roughing the passer penalty.Oakland ran all over them with impunity. Absolutely zero pressure on Carr. It was just a horrible game from start to finish.

The offense was bad, as usual, but they scored 24 points and had a lead late in the game until the defense choked the game away yet again in a clutch moment. This is now the 3rd consecutive time the defense hasn't been able to stop a team from taking back the lead in a do or die situation (PHI, DEN, OAK). As talented as they are, we need to stop referring to them as the best in the NFL. They are most certainly not anymore. 

Lastly, I'll just say this about the offense: Their run game is one of the worst I have ever seen from an offense. David Montgomery has like 2 or 3 runs for over 10 yards this year. That's it! They're so bad that they are even committing holds on plays where Montgomery is losing yards! Between Leno and Long, I'm not sure who's been worse for them this year, but the penalties are an absolute killer. Allen Robinson has been the only consistently good performer on offense for them this year. He's a beast.

3-2 heading into the bye. Their schedule is brutal now. This loss very well could be season defining if they follow it up with another loss to New Orleans. So disgusted with this team.

Yeah, like I said, 7-8 wins at best. 

Nagy's company line of "great practice" is comical now. Nagy is starting to look very overrated, especially as a playcaller and with team preparation. Lack of preseason shows. Let's get all the trick stuff that fools no one out of the playbook and call some trap plays, counters, and play actions like real offenses do. 

I have never seen an offensive line this bad. We are getting holding penalties where our RB loses 2 yards. Leno is the most penalized player in the NFL, $38M contract. Great job Ryan Pace. I don't know what the issue is. Long literally taps rushing defenders on the shoulder, then turns the other way to block air. I don't get it. When we are in a running play, how can we not move the defensive line at all? They end up 3 yards in the backfield every play. It is really getting old. We need to scrap this zone blocking scheme and go back to a traditional play-action offense. 

ARob is a beast and literally makes 2 highlight-reel catches per game. 

If we are 3-2 with this schedule, we now need to go 7-4 for 10 wins.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, like I said, 7-8 wins at best. 

Nagy's company line of "great practice" is comical now. Nagy is starting to look very overrated, especially as a playcaller and with team preparation. Lack of preseason shows. Let's get all the trick stuff that fools no one out of the playbook and call some trap plays, counters, and play actions like real offenses do. 

I have never seen an offensive line this bad. We are getting holding penalties where our RB loses 2 yards. Leno is the most penalized player in the NFL, $38M contract. Great job Ryan Pace. I don't know what the issue is. Long literally taps rushing defenders on the shoulder, then turns the other way to block air. I don't get it. When we are in a running play, how can we not move the defensive line at all? They end up 3 yards in the backfield every play. It is really getting old. We need to scrap this zone blocking scheme and go back to a traditional play-action offense. 

ARob is a beast and literally makes 2 highlight-reel catches per game. 

If we are 3-2 with this schedule, we now need to go 7-4 for 10 wins.

I'm not sure Montgomery has had more than 3-4 runs all year longer than 10 yards. They are almost at the point now where they might be better off just throwing on every down and using the screen game as their version of a run. Leno and Long are unplayable. One can't block anybody, and the other holds or false starts every other snap. I've been saying it since week 1, but Harry Hiestand has to go. Ever since his arrival, the Bears have not been able to run the ball effectively. They changed their blocking schemes from the Adam Gase zone blocks to more of a physical man on man style, and it has failed miserably. As far as I'm concerned, both him and Tabor could be gone tomorrow, and I'd be thrilled.