Montgomery's break out game?

ASHKUM BEAR

I have a feeling the Bears will try to establish a run game this week by relying heavily on David Montgomery.  This will be his chance to show the world that he can be the bell cow for the Bears.  I see him getting 24 carries for 108 yds with a TD, one rec for 17 yds.  They will want to get out of London healthy and with a W.  That will get them into a bye week and a chance to recover. 

I hope so too, but the O-Line has to make some progress.

OAK comes in as the 10th Rushing Defense and 29th Passing Defense. If we couldn't run against GB (31st), DEN (29th), and MIN (20th), I don't know if we will have success against OAK. I think they are going to take that away and force Chase to beat them.

The oline does need to have a great game for this to happen. They have been owned so far and everyone but Whitehair has me concerned. Montegomery may get the attention, good or bad, but it is mostly the men in the trenches that determine how it goes.  So Daniels, Long, Leno and Massie need to show up, get the rookie a game ball.

21 hours ago, adam said:

I hope so too, but the O-Line has to make some progress.

OAK comes in as the 10th Rushing Defense and 29th Passing Defense. If we couldn't run against GB (31st), DEN (29th), and MIN (20th), I don't know if we will have success against OAK. I think they are going to take that away and force Chase to beat them.

11 rushes for 25 yards, this offensive line may be the worst in the league. Almost comical at this point.

56 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

We should be amazed we're getting anything out of this offense with Trubisky or Daniel given how poor the Oline is.   

If you couple absolute garbage O-Line play and the questionable playcalling, what are the QB's expected to do. I get that they are missing some throws, but the more you look at this holistically, I am now shifting more blame to the O-Line and coaching. 

24 minutes ago, adam said:

If you couple of absolute garbage O-Line play and the questionable playcalling, what are the QB's expected to do. I get that they are missing some throws, but the more you look at this holistically, I am now shifting more blame to the O-Line and coaching. 

I wasn’t convinced the weak link was the oline until today’s game.  Trubiksy is Trubisky and Daniel looked good in last weeks game.  But he is a pocket passer and was getting close to being hit a lot more than he did last week.  Mostly because the pocket was collapsing around him.  Today’s game the only time he was really able to throw was when he rolled out (which plays more into zone blocking than not).  Still not sure how special a player Montgomery is.  Yes he keeps his feet but gets minimal gain when he does.  The stutter stepping and spinning will only get you so far.  But today he was attacking the lane better and still was meeting somoeone about 2-3 yards into the run.  

They need to focus more on the traditional straight line blocking (back to basics) and power block on every down.  

17 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I wasn’t convinced the weak link was the oline until today’s game.  Trubiksy is Trubisky and Daniel looked good in last weeks game.  But he is a pocket passer and was getting close to being hit a lot more than he did last week.  Mostly because the pocket was collapsing around him.  Today’s game the only time he was really able to throw was when he rolled out (which plays more into zone blocking than not).  Still not sure how special a player Montgomery is.  Yes he keeps his feet but gets minimal gain when he does.  The stutter stepping and spinning will only get you so far.  But today he was attacking the lane better and still was meeting somoeone about 2-3 yards into the run.  

They need to focus more on the traditional straight line blocking (back to basics) and power block on every down.  

Yeah, just like Jacobs, once up to full speed, he is going to gain 4-5 on every play, but if he is being hit after 1 step or sometimes as he receives the ball, I don't know what he expected to do. Jacobs was untouched until the 2nd level on at least half his runs. Montgomery had zero.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, adam said:

Yeah, just like Jacobs, once up to full speed, he is going to gain 4-5 on every play, but if he is being hit after 1 step or sometimes as he receives the ball, I don't know what he expected to do. Jacobs was untouched until the 2nd level on at least half his runs. Montgomery had zero.

this 100% it was irritating to watch Jacobs mostly untouched till he was in the second level and then watch Montgomery get mugged the second he gets the handoff.  Our line is sad at best, it makes it hard to truly evaluate the skill positions.