Revenge

Bill

Mack.  Two tackles, one fumble recovery, one QB hit, no sacks.  All the hype of Mack getting revenge.  Gruden must be smoking a big ol cigar on the flight back.  And as many double, triple, and quad teams Mack gets every game, is it me or does he seem to fade in the fourth quarter?

Gruden even made fun of the "Club Dub" celebration after the game when talking to his players. Mack nearly had a strip sack on Carr, but Carr just sort of flipped the ball out to a RB at the last minute. No idea how he could have seen Mack approaching him from behind, otherwise that would have been another game changing play.

Mack does tend to fade in the 2nd half of games, particularly in the 4th quarters since he's been a Bear. If I'm not mistaken, he was actually known for stepping up in 4th quarters with Oakland, so it's odd that he struggles to close games with the Bears. 

Mack is having to expend a lot more energy than any other player on the field, so I will give him a pass for now. What about Floyd, did he play yesterday? There is no way we can give him a new contract. Where did our secondary go? Why are the CBs playing 10 yards off the ball conceding 5-7 yard plays on 2nd and 5? EJack, where you at? In 5 weeks he has only made one or two noticeable plays. 

We have way too many players underperforming and that's on the defensive side of the ball. The entire offense outside of ARob has been underwhelming as well. 

This all points to coaching unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Mack is having to expend a lot more energy than any other player on the field, so I will give him a pass for now. What about Floyd, did he play yesterday? There is no way we can give him a new contract. Where did our secondary go? Why are the CBs playing 10 yards off the ball conceding 5-7 yard plays on 2nd and 5? EJack, where you at? In 5 weeks he has only made one or two noticeable plays. 

We have way too many players underperforming and that's on the defensive side of the ball. The entire offense outside of ARob has been underwhelming as well. 

This all points to coaching unfortunately. 

The defense has played outstanding until yesterday. The Raiders pounded them. Hopefully it's a wake up call going forward. 

Peace

On 10/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, Connorbear said:

The defense has played outstanding until yesterday. The Raiders pounded them. Hopefully it's a wake up call going forward. 

Peace

I agree, the D has been the bright spot for the team. The game in London it's like we were watching a different team.  Couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, couldn't get pressure, couldn't touch the RB till he was in the second level.  They looked unprepared to play, perhaps they should have done what the Raiders did in flying the team out earlier and having them acclimated, they looked sluggish and out of sync.  It wasn't till an unforced miscue by the Raiders offense that they started making some plays.  In the 5 games we've played thus far it has more often been the offense that has let this team down, it's hard to play lights out D all game long trying to keep us in the game.  It wears on you at some point.  Perhaps that too is part of the issue of star players on our D like Mack fading in the 4th, as they are gassed trying to keep the team in the game till the offense does something.  Considering the season thus far this game looks more like the exception than the rule.  Now if they come out and play like this again and it starts to be a pattern then then I'll be concerned.