Bars gets huge pay raise

AZ54

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We need both of them brought up. The OL is screwing our offense up. No push in the run game, to many penalties and missed blocks.

Horstead is still working on his run blocking according to his position coach. He doesn't sound ready.  I could see him, however, replacing Burton next year. Burton is not worth the $8+ he will be paid each of the next two years. 

I would activate Bars this week. They need to shake up the offensive line. 

Peace

7 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Horstead is still working on his run blocking according to his position coach. He doesn't sound ready.  I could see him, however, replacing Burton next year. Burton is not worth the $8+ he will be paid each of the next two years. 

I would activate Bars this week. They need to shake up the offensive line. 

Peace

I can see a complete overhaul of the O-Line and TEs after this year. Burton is overrated and not reliable while Shaheen has never lived up to his draft status. We can't afford to pay everyone, and we can get similar performance for a lot less. On the O-Line, the only guys I would keep are Daniels and Whitehair, but move them back to the original positions (this is still a head scratcher for me). Massie and Leno are the most overpaid and overrated tackles in the NFL. Continuity doesn't matter if they suck. Long is done, great dude, but injuries have clearly made him a shell of his former self. Time to take a year off or go on IR for the remainder of this season and see what you can do in TC next spring. Get Bars up and see what you can get via trade or on the waiver wire. I would seriously consider trading Miller, crazy to think we gave up 2x 2nds to draft him.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:09 AM, adam said:

I can see a complete overhaul of the O-Line and TEs after this year. Burton is overrated and not reliable while Shaheen has never lived up to his draft status. We can't afford to pay everyone, and we can get similar performance for a lot less. On the O-Line, the only guys I would keep are Daniels and Whitehair, but move them back to the original positions (this is still a head scratcher for me). Massie and Leno are the most overpaid and overrated tackles in the NFL. Continuity doesn't matter if they suck. Long is done, great dude, but injuries have clearly made him a shell of his former self. Time to take a year off or go on IR for the remainder of this season and see what you can do in TC next spring. Get Bars up and see what you can get via trade or on the waiver wire. I would seriously consider trading Miller, crazy to think we gave up 2x 2nds to draft him.

All well said.  There’s enough time in this bye week to do some of this. 

Burton hasn’t been the same since his groin injury/surgery.  I still swear Shaheen is made of paper...but not just any paper...tissue paper.  And Miller...man what a tool he’s starting to become.  

I’ll say it again; time for us to see more of Wims and Ridley ... that is after they get the oline in order.  

11 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

All well said.  There’s enough time in this bye week to do some of this. 

Burton hasn’t been the same since his groin injury/surgery.  I still swear Shaheen is made of paper...but not just any paper...tissue paper.  And Miller...man what a tool he’s starting to become.  

I’ll say it again; time for us to see more of Wims and Ridley ... that is after they get the oline in order.  

I would love to see some Ridley. At this point, why not? He is supposedly a good route runner with good hands. Seems like someone we could use, even if he has a limited route tree.