This Season is on Nagy...

Mongo3451

After five weeks, I've seen enough to point the finger squarely at Nagy.  From not playing starters in preseason to be being the only coach to take his team to London that late, he is constantly showing that he is overconfident.  Meanwhile the Raiders were 0-2 in London and decided to take his team earlier than anyone else did.

What we see the next 11 games will also be on Nagy.  

Heading back from lunch.  More to come later...

Edited by Mongo3451

30 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

After five weeks, I've seen enough to point the finger squarely at Nagy.  From not playing starters in preseason to be being the only coach to take his team to London that late, he is constantly showing that he is overconfident.  Meanwhile was 0-2 in London and decided to take his team earlier than anyone else did.

What we see the next 11 games will also be on Nagy.  

Heading back from lunch.  Moore to come later...

I agree with you in general but just wanted to point out the Bears went over to London on the same time line 8 years ago.  

Peace

Mongo,
There is history of both travel plans working, and it ultimately comes down to each individual. I can tell you that I personally need 2 days to be fully back to normal upon arrival in Europe. However, that was when I stayed up during the flight over and then didn't go to sleep until I was on European time. I was very tired that first day, but after a second night, I was good to go on Day 3. For some reason, if I slept on the plane over, I never fully adjusted until Day 4. So depending on when they flew over I am sure a few guys weren't 100%. I would have liked to have seen them travel a day earlier than they did, but this is just an excuse for bad play and bad game planning. 

What's crazy is how a play or two completely changes the narrative. If KPL doesn't run into the kicker or Chase doesn't throw one of those picks, then everyone is praising the team for stepping up in the 2nd half and showing resilience and intestinal fortitude in a win. Now that we lose, all the negatives are extremely highlighted. I am doing the same thing.

Here is my take, we were a 10 win team last year that won 12 games  (lucky with turnovers) and are probably a 9 win team this year (O-Line is horrible) that can win 11 or 7 just as easily. We have just as many elite players as huge holes on the team. This keeps us in every game but also makes us incredibly inconsistent week in and week out. 

Do you know we now have held a lead in every game that Nagy has coached? 22 straight games and have not lost by more than 7 in any of those games. Just think about that for a second. Since the start of 2018, the Pats have lost 5 games, with 3 of them by more than 7 pts (11, 16, 24) to the Jags, Lions, and Titans. Those 3 teams combined for 20 wins last year. Interestingly enough, they also never led in any of those 3 games. There is only one other team who has led in every game since 2018 and not lost by more than 7, the Chiefs. Which makes a lot of sense considering where Nagy comes from.

If this team has SB aspirations, then maybe a loss is what is needed to light a fire under some of those asses. Guys need to be put on notice. Long needs to go to IR, Bars needs to be called up and Coward needs to start somewhere on the O-Line. If Leno can't play LT without holding, then they need to put his backup in and live with it. Smith was a liability on the field on Sunday, after the first Raiders TD, Kwit should've played the rest of the game. Miller needs to shut his mouth, run his routes and catch the damn ball when it's thrown to him. He literally gifted OAK 7 points after a stupid taunting penalty and then was the guy who lost contain on the kickoff return which put OAK in position for an easy score. Unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

I agree with you in general but just wanted to point out the Bears went over to London on the same time line 8 years ago.  

Peace

I have seen this from the Bears regarding other matters too.  Like the Super Bowl trip if I recall correct.  I wonder if it is an ownership thing?

I think it comes down to our oline.  They have been destroyed every game and it is not just one player.  Would a good QB like Rodgers make the line look good or would he be on the IR? 

Travel plans weren't too big of a deal.  My main problem is that he does not have his team ready to play.  It's also bothersome that he didn't have a clue how bad his OL was going to start the season. 

How do you show up with a complacent pre season, in your second season.  That's after winning coach of the year.  That's pretty cocky for a second year coach.  Every Sunday, if you don't fight with everything you have, you will lose. 

Leno and Massey were decent last year.  What happened?  Complacency, overconfidence?  It's certainly not age or injury.  Did they not know Long was washed up.  They would have known if they tested him.  

Then there's play calling...

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Travel plans weren't too big of a deal.  My main problem is that he does not have his team ready to play.  It's also bothersome that he didn't have a clue how bad his OL was going to start the season. 

How do you show up with a complacent pre season, in your second season.  That's after winning coach of the year.  That's pretty cocky for a second year coach.  Every Sunday, if you don't fight with everything you have, you will lose. 

Leno and Massey were decent last year.  What happened?  Complacency, overconfidence?  It's certainly not age or injury.  Did they not know Long was washed up.  They would have known if they tested him.  

Leno is an issue with all the penalties.  If you are an average talent player you must be good on the basic stuff to survive at LT.  Last year he did those things this year he can't get it together.  

I don't think Massie is any different from last year.  He's far from the problem that Leno and Long have been.  He's still good enough that we can Leno has singlehandedly killed two good drives that could have us 5-0.   Against GB he earned us a 3rd and 40 IIRC.  Against Oakland he helped us get a 3rd and 30.  On both of those drives up to that point the offense was in rhythm and momentum was swinging our way.   

On 10/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Exactly!  Whatever the reason, this team was not ready.  That is on Nagy...