National Media

adam

17 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

How the Bears could look.  Yes, heavy on OT because they could use 2 in the mix soon. 

2- Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn

2- Jared Pickney TE Vanderbilt

4- Zach Robertson OT Arz St

5- Charle Snowden OLB Virg

5-Jalen Elliott S Norte Dame

6-Damon Armette CB Ohio St

6-Riley Neal QB Vanderbilt

6-Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

7- Aaron Patrick OLB/DE Kentucky

You are drafting for need right now and we definitely pick some OL high, a TE and a QB prospect in the first 3 picks. Forget our position at this point and lets say we are mildly successful going forward and have a 10-6 record which would mean someone starting playing better at our weak positions. 

So for an optimistic view of our teams weaknesses.

OL: Long will be gone, saying Coward takes over there, he is young and physical so I think he becomes a good player. Whitehair and Daniels gets their shit together and start playing well. We are stuck with Leno and Massie with their contracts but we have Bars in the wings to start taking over for Leno is he still sucks. So I think we draft a OT high and a OG in the middle rounds for depth.

TE: Burton will hang around because of his contract but injuries has affected his a great deal. Shaheen is considered a bust because of his high draft status, but he still could turn out to be a roistered player going forward just not a #1 or #2. We have Sowell and Braunnecker who are just players. We also have Raymond on IR and Horsted on PS. If Burton continues to not produce , I think they end up bringing up Jasper and he does well.  We have enough backups to choose from but I think we draft a TE high.

ILB:  I think we draft a player high at this position but that we work out a 1 or 2 year deal with Trevathan that is team friendly. 

QB: Whether MT looks good or bad the rest of the year, we draft a QB and keep him around and let go of Daniel.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

You are drafting for need right now and we definitely pick some OL high, a TE and a QB prospect in the first 3 picks. Forget our position at this point and lets say we are mildly successful going forward and have a 10-6 record which would mean someone starting playing better at our weak positions. 

So for an optimistic view of our teams weaknesses.

OL: Long will be gone, saying Coward takes over there, he is young and physical so I think he becomes a good player. Whitehair and Daniels gets their shit together and start playing well. We are stuck with Leno and Massie with their contracts but we have Bars in the wings to start taking over for Leno is he still sucks. So I think we draft a OT high and a OG in the middle rounds for depth.

TE: Burton will hang around because of his contract but injuries has affected his a great deal. Shaheen is considered a bust because of his high draft status, but he still could turn out to be a roistered player going forward just not a #1 or #2. We have Sowell and Braunnecker who are just players. We also have Raymond on IR and Horsted on PS. If Burton continues to not produce , I think they end up bringing up Jasper and he does well.  We have enough backups to choose from but I think we draft a TE high.

ILB:  I think we draft a player high at this position but that we work out a 1 or 2 year deal with Trevathan that is team friendly. 

QB: Whether MT looks good or bad the rest of the year, we draft a QB and keep him around and let go of Daniel.

I would love to keep Trevathan, but with our current cap, the only way we could do that is if Floyd was not on the team in his 5th year option year. 

On 10/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, adam said:

Stinger, you are correct. I think that is the frustrating part. We have been in every game, held a lead in every game and the ones we lose, we do something to lose. It's not like the other team is beating us. 

I think a huge part is the oline play and the lack of a running game (to go with Burton being a shell of who he was last year and Miller being completely unreliable with his route-running, that he literally needs to be wide open for Mitch to be confident throwing him the ball).  I literally think last year, teams respected Howard enough that they game planned the run a bit and didn't adjust against it until later in the year (and at that point, Howard had a couple good games). 

This year, with all of the tape and much more unproven running backs, the Bears are totally one-dimensional and when you combine that one-dimensionality with unimaginitive play calling, including 2 of what should be your top 3 weapons on offense being shells of who they can be (Burton - Injuries / Miller - Lack of Discipline / Impact Offseason Surgery & Injury had on his preperation) and it snowballs into something bad.

The good part of this is, I think some of these things could be fixed.  Miller can get better (if he has the right attitude...I do question whether he has the attitude to respect the details of the game) and Burton is a question-mark (as I don't know how bad his injury really is...however, a bye week should help). Oline was, Long was such a shell of his former self, that I can't see things getting worse there and if anything we see some improvement (Daniels & Whitehair both getting better adjusted and Leno can't keep being as penalized as he has been...just doesn't line up to his historical play at all and there isn't anything about his game that would project some huge regression).  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think a huge part is the oline play and the lack of a running game (to go with Burton being a shell of who he was last year and Miller being completely unreliable with his route-running, that he literally needs to be wide open for Mitch to be confident throwing him the ball).  I literally think last year, teams respected Howard enough that they game planned the run a bit and didn't adjust against it until later in the year (and at that point, Howard had a couple good games). 

This year, with all of the tape and much more unproven running backs, the Bears are totally one-dimensional and when you combine that one-dimensionality with unimaginitive play calling, including 2 of what should be your top 3 weapons on offense being shells of who they can be (Burton - Injuries / Miller - Lack of Discipline / Impact Offseason Surgery & Injury had on his preperation) and it snowballs into something bad.

The good part of this is, I think some of these things could be fixed.  Miller can get better (if he has the right attitude...I do question whether he has the attitude to respect the details of the game) and Burton is a question-mark (as I don't know how bad his injury really is...however, a bye week should help). Oline was, Long was such a shell of his former self, that I can't see things getting worse there and if anything we see some improvement (Daniels & Whitehair both getting better adjusted and Leno can't keep being as penalized as he has been...just doesn't line up to his historical play at all and there isn't anything about his game that would project some huge regression).  

The offense needs to play angry, get pissed off because you are being disrespected. The O-Line needs to start steamrolling some people.

I agree 110% on Burton and Miller, you can add Shaheen to that.

I think Nagy is coming around, you are seeing more of Montgomery and less of Davis. Now he needs to stop giving it to Cohen up the gut and save him for plays where he is guaranteed to have a little space.

Good observations DBDB and agree wholeheartedly about most of what you said.  I think the team is lacking in the run game and that is having a domino effect on everything else; or is it the olines ineptitude or Trubiksy inability to not be a ‘one read’ QB or Nagy making bad adjustments during game time?  Whatever the case may be this weekends game will set the tempo how things progress from here.  Will both the D and O come out ready to play or will one side dominate while the other still tries to figure out what ‘200 level offense’ means? They’re at home so you know the fans will be there.  Just hope the team shows up ready to go. 

Mans speaking of national media and bad officiating Adam, did you see last night’s game?  You’d no doubt lose sleep if you were a Detroit fan.  There was a post somewhere that showed the officials as the game ball recipients.  Aaron Rodgers and the Packers really owe them one. They literally gave them then win.  Here, I’ll let Booger explain:

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Good observations DBDB and agree wholeheartedly about most of what you said.  I think the team is lacking in the run game and that is having a domino effect on everything else; or is it the olines ineptitude or Trubiksy inability to not be a ‘one read’ QB or Nagy making bad adjustments during game time?  Whatever the case may be this weekends game will set the tempo how things progress from here.  Will both the D and O come out ready to play or will one side dominate while the other still tries to figure out what ‘200 level offense’ means? They’re at home so you know the fans will be there.  Just hope the team shows up ready to go. 

Mans speaking of national media and bad officiating Adam, did you see last night’s game?  You’d no doubt lose sleep if you were a Detroit fan.  There was a post somewhere that showed the officials as the game ball recipients.  Aaron Rodgers and the Packers really owe them one. They literally gave them then win.  Here, I’ll let Booger explain:

THe vid no longer is available...but damn to those Puckers get every call on earth...

42 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

THe vid no longer is available...but damn to those Puckers get every call on earth...

Sorry, was in a rush posting this morning as I left to go to work.  Anyhow if you didn’t see it there were not one but two ‘ghost’ hands to the face calls against Detroit at two crucial times of the game last night.  The first negated a sack on third down and essentially allowed GB to score bringing them within two points.  The second one allowed GB to extend their drive (and eat clock) where eventually their kicker was able to score the winning FG at the very end of the game.

Whats more (and to Booger McFarlands analysis) not only were they not hands to the face they were against the same guy, Trey Flowers, both times.  And historically in his career he had never been called on that ... ever... until the two times last night.  

Another attempt at the link here:  

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sorry, was in a rush posting this morning as I left to go to work.  Anyhow if you didn’t see it there were not one but two ‘ghost’ hands to the face calls against Detroit at two crucial times of the game last night.  The first negated a sack on third down and essentially allowed GB to score bringing them within two points.  The second one allowed GB to extend their drive (and eat clock) where eventually their kicker was able to score the winning FG at the very end of the game.

Whats more (and to Booger McFarlands analysis) not only were they not hands to the face they were against the same guy, Trey Flowers, both times.  And historically in his career he had never been called on that ... ever... until the two times last night.  

THansk!  IT's so sickening.  At least this exposed what we as Bears fans have known for years.  At least the hope is the pendulum swings the other way...

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The officiating in the NFL is the worst of any professional sports league and it isn't even close. Last night was a joke. 

Peace

Those calls were brutal calls and have an impact on us and the Vikings. Instead of us chasing a 3-1-1 team for first in the division, we are now chasing a 5-1 team that is also 3-0 in the division. Not that the race is over, but if we are all trying to get to 11 wins, the Packers can get there by only going 6-4. We now have to go 8-2 just to tie them. At this point, we have to sweep the rest of the division and hope GB loses at least one between MIN and DET. That is a tall order for any team. 

So a WC berth may be the only realistic option, especially with our schedule and injuries.

19 hours ago, adam said:

Those calls were brutal calls and have an impact on us and the Vikings. Instead of us chasing a 3-1-1 team for first in the division, we are now chasing a 5-1 team that is also 3-0 in the division. Not that the race is over, but if we are all trying to get to 11 wins, the Packers can get there by only going 6-4. We now have to go 8-2 just to tie them. At this point, we have to sweep the rest of the division and hope GB loses at least one between MIN and DET. That is a tall order for any team. 

So a WC berth may be the only realistic option, especially with our schedule and injuries.

Rogers will be taken out at some point...  F them.

• 4 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, adam said:

I definitely like the O-Line picks, but we will probably need either a CB or ILB earlier than a 6th. I would not draft Neal, he looked terrible against UNLV and his INTs scare me. Otherwise, it looks good to me.

What do you think about Burrow (LSU) or Ehlinger (TEX)? Both have started 3 years (more than Trubisky), both should be mid-round picks, and have faced some tough competition. They faced each other earlier this year and both threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs.

Lol me. Burrow wasn't even highly ranked earlier in the year. What a season. He went from a mid round pick to the consensus #1 pick.