Kyle Long going to IR

adam

I thank Kyle for all he has done for the organization and city, but he's done. Never seem to recover from the injuries. This is one of those additions by subtraction as anyone in place of Long will be an upgrade at this point. I wish Kyle the best and would expect him to retire.

I am also glad the team made the move and didn't continue sending him out there just for the sake of it. They need to treat all underperforming guys like this, whether it's injury related or not. Don't make decisions solely based on the cap hit.

2 hours ago, adam said:

I thank Kyle for all he has done for the organization and city, but he's done. Never seem to recover from the injuries. This is one of those additions by subtraction as anyone in place of Long will be an upgrade at this point. I wish Kyle the best and would expect him to retire.

I am also glad the team made the move and didn't continue sending him out there just for the sake of it. They need to treat all underperforming guys like this, whether it's injury related or not. Don't make decisions solely based on the cap hit.

Well said and I too wish Kyle the best in his future.  

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Add Akiem Hicks to the IR (no real surprise but a disappointment).  But looks like they elevated Bars from the PS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BearsPR/status/1184159739493658624?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I'm curious to know where Bars is practicing.  He got snaps in the preseason at LT.  Now we went with Coward as the backup OT but if Coward wins the starting RG spot which is quite likely then who is our backup OT?   We still have Lucas who did ok in his one start.  I just checked and the Bears have Lucas listed as backup LT, Bars is listed as backup RT.   Personally I don't think Bars has the skillset for OT but Leno isn't the most gifted player either.  With Leno's mental mistakes, both penalties and missed blocks, at this point if we can just eliminate the mental mistakes we'd be much better off.