Practice Today

adam

Looks like Gabriel, Nichols, and Larsen all practiced today. Trubisky threw and did not have a pitch count, so that's a good sign.

Nagy didn't have much on Hicks, so I am assuming he is gone until mid-December at the earliest. Long definitely confirmed to be on IR for the season.

It sounds like Hicks' injury is pretty serious. They indicate he is likely back by the end of the year, but even than, I don't hear that as coming off with a high degree of confidence, so he very well could be done for the year.  

I am really curious to see where Mitch is.  Ideally he's healthy cause I at least have some optimism that he could help our flailing offense (yes...he could also do nothing, but I do think he has plenty of traits that could allow him to take a big step forward).  Having Gabriel , Larsen and Nichols back will help but man, the Hicks loss is huge. That dude is such a disruptive force in the middle.  

Roquan is going to need to play strong...Kamara is a beast.  

34 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

It sounds like Hicks' injury is pretty serious. They indicate he is likely back by the end of the year, but even than, I don't hear that as coming off with a high degree of confidence, so he very well could be done for the year.  

I am really curious to see where Mitch is.  Ideally he's healthy cause I at least have some optimism that he could help our flailing offense (yes...he could also do nothing, but I do think he has plenty of traits that could allow him to take a big step forward).  Having Gabriel , Larsen and Nichols back will help but man, the Hicks loss is huge. That dude is such a disruptive force in the middle.  

Roquan is going to need to play strong...Kamara is a beast.  

It depends if they did surgery or not. If it was just a dislocation, then he can be back in 8-10 weeks. If there was surgery involved with any torn ligament or tendon, then he would more than likely be out until spring. Since they didn't put him on IR or IR and return, that makes me think they are looking more at 6-8 weeks. His loss is big but if we have Nichols back, that should help compensate for the loss of Hicks. 

I am just hoping whatever was bothering Burton, Smith, and Miller is gone. Those guys are all needed in order for us to win games. I think we match up pretty well with New Orleans, especially if Bridgewater plays. 

On a side note, media is already pitting NE vs SF in the SB, yet they fail to mention those two teams have played teams with a combined record of 16-44 (Bills 4-1 are the only team with a winning record to play either of those two). So there can definitely be teams at 4-1 or 3-2 that are better, but they just played a tougher schedule.

21 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Fantastic news. Now rest of the team needs to play up to snuff so that we can be in a good position to capitalize from getting Hicks back.  

Not that his injury is ideal, but he was already dealing with a knee injury as well and wasn't 100% since he got hurt against Washington. If we can hold serve with him out, we will have a healthy and fresh Akiem Hicks for the last 3 weeks of the season (GB, KC, and MIN), and hopefully a long playoff run. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Not that his injury is ideal, but he was already dealing with a knee injury as well and wasn't 100% since he got hurt against Washington. If we can hold serve with him out, we will have a healthy and fresh Akiem Hicks for the last 3 weeks of the season (GB, KC, and MIN), and hopefully a long playoff run. 

My thoughts exactly when I was discussing this with my pops.