Leonard Floyd

Connorbear

He's disappeared. I know the Bears exercised the 5th year option on him but, at this time, he's not playing anywhere close to that value ($13.2 million). 

My understanding is the Bears could simply cut him before the beginning of the league year and would not have to pay him.  Is this correct?

Peace

Just now, Connorbear said:

He's disappeared. I know the Bears exercised the 5th year option on him but, at this time, he's not playing anywhere close to that value ($13.2 million). 

My understanding is the Bears could simply cut him before the beginning of the league year and would not have to pay him.  Is this correct? I would much rather spend the money on Danny T. 

Peace

Connor, from looking at all the contract sites, it looks like they have to cut him before a date in March, and would not incur any dead money. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like. I would absolutely cut him. He is a bust, absolutely useless. Mack is getting doubled and chipped on every play and Floyd cannot beat a single blocker.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Connor, from looking at all the contract sites, it looks like they have to cut him before a date in March, and would not incur any dead money. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like. I would absolutely cut him. He is a bust, absolutely useless. Mack is getting doubled and chipped on every play and Floyd cannot beat a single blocker.

I'd still keep him at what will certainly be a much lower cap hit.  He's not a very good pass rusher but he's not horrible.  He is disruptive and can affect the pocket enough plus he covers a lot of ground in both the run game and coverage.  Unfortunately we have nobody else that's even close to what he can do.   Lynch looks like a fat old man.  Behind him we have?   

28 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I'd still keep him at what will certainly be a much lower cap hit.  He's not a very good pass rusher but he's not horrible.  He is disruptive and can affect the pocket enough plus he covers a lot of ground in both the run game and coverage.  Unfortunately we have nobody else that's even close to what he can do.   Lynch looks like a fat old man.  Behind him we have?   

I'd be willing to pay him around $5 million a year for a couple of years. He's not worth more than that at this time. 

Peace

Would you rather keep RRH or Floyd if you could only keep one? I am keeping RRH over Floyd. Floyd has zero sacks and zero TFL since Week 1. That is some consistency right there. 

There is no way Floyd should not be dominating on the opposite side of Mack. If you watch only him, he literally gets consumed the minute he is touched by an O-Lineman. I thought he would improve from last year, and he has regressed to a borderline NFL player. 

35 minutes ago, adam said:

There is no way Floyd should not be dominating on the opposite side of Mack. If you watch only him, he literally gets consumed the minute he is touched by an O-Lineman. I thought he would improve from last year, and he has regressed to a borderline NFL player. 

Any possible relation to why they elevated Vaughters?

2 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Agreed.  I wouldn't mind working out a long term deal that pays him $5 to $6 million a year for 4 years but $13 million is ridiculous. 

Peace

I just doubt he takes that kind of offer. Someone will pay him north of $10M. 

If we let him play in 2020 and then let him go, do we get a compensatory pick?  I see that as having some value.  Or potentially trading him to someone that thinks they can get something out of him that we aren't.  I'm done w/ all the Pace experiments.  Even Roquan looks suspect.  I hope he's ok, but from what seemed like a no brainer pick, it sure reeks of yet another botch.

He is a decent NFL player, he played well Sunday, but just not worth being that high of a pick which gives him a high paycheck. With all the problems we have , he isnt that high on the list of major problems. He is who he is, not his fault Pace drafted him that high. Try to keep him but with a value based contract. 3 year -25 mil.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He is a decent NFL player, he played well Sunday, but just not worth being that high of a pick which gives him a high paycheck. With all the problems we have , he isnt that high on the list of major problems. He is who he is, not his fault Pace drafted him that high. Try to keep him but with a value based contract. 3 year -25 mil.

I could go with that. 

Peace

Floyd is a starter on most teams in this league and someone will give him a decent contract for his athleticism.  He would have been a good guy to trade at the deadline, but I don't think the franchise was ready yet to basically imply they are punting on the rest of this year.  That said, I would trade him this off-season and I do think you could get something of value for him (say a 3rd round pick or so).  Maybe more, maybe less. I think they might have been able to get like a 3rd and a 4th if they traded him closer to the deadline.