Advance Scouting Rams

adam

Wow, I thought Trubisky was bad. Goff looks even worse thru 3 quarters. 15-28, 53.6%, 1 INT, 3 sacks, 1 fumble lost. Also, Goff never looks to run, he has one run longer than 5 yards, so the Bears won't need to have a spy on him. TJ Watt has 1.5 sacks, so if Mack can't get going against them, I fear he never will. 

The Rams defense is taking away the running game and making Rudolph beat them threw the air.

I can see next week going to be an ugly game with either team scoring 20.

13 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I wonder if McVey is feeling the same heat Nagy is.

Apparently they are a mirror image of each other: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/10/nfl-rams-twitter-react-week-10-loss/

The only difference is the Rams just paid Goff a crap ton of money and the Bears can move on from Trubisky.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Apparently they are a mirror image of each other: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/10/nfl-rams-twitter-react-week-10-loss/

The only difference is the Rams just paid Goff a crap ton of money and the Bears can move on from Trubisky.

Damn, they have Gurley choking their cap as well.  Plus we can compare Donald and Mack on salaries...

McVay also has 2 years of a track record before this year and they have experienced a ton of injuries and turnover on their oline.  One huge thing is the Rams oline has been bad and Goff can not scramble.  Bears better take advantage of this and put heat on Goff, otherwise, Rams can be dangerous. But they are also missing a number of playmakers.  

League is definitely adjusting to McVay but I'd take him over Nagy all day. He has shown he can call and run a pretty good offense over 2+ seasons. Now I would take the Bears roster structure more so as their cap situation is a total disaster.  Also, people ignore how important strong oline and protection can be. Goff was all world for 2 years and now he stinks and a lot of that has to do with the fact that he is seeing things after getting hit so much (it causes him to play slower, etc). 

10 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

McVay also has 2 years of a track record before this year and they have experienced a ton of injuries and turnover on their oline.  One huge thing is the Rams oline has been bad and Goff can not scramble.  Bears better take advantage of this and put heat on Goff, otherwise, Rams can be dangerous. But they are also missing a number of playmakers.  

League is definitely adjusting to McVay but I'd take him over Nagy all day. He has shown he can call and run a pretty good offense over 2+ seasons. Now I would take the Bears roster structure more so as their cap situation is a total disaster.  Also, people ignore how important strong oline and protection can be. Goff was all world for 2 years and now he stinks and a lot of that has to do with the fact that he is seeing things after getting hit so much (it causes him to play slower, etc). 

We gotta get a consistent running game going.  Goff has always had his limitations which we exposed last year and that's continued this season.  We can win with Trubisky if we can pair him with a decent running game.   I just watched JimmyG stink it up on MNF and he's 8-1.  If anyone mentions that his starting TE was out ....well we're still waiting to see a starting TE this year.    

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

We gotta get a consistent running game going.  Goff has always had his limitations which we exposed last year and that's continued this season.  We can win with Trubisky if we can pair him with a decent running game.   I just watched JimmyG stink it up on MNF and he's 8-1.  If anyone mentions that his starting TE was out ....well we're still waiting to see a starting TE this year.    

I agree with you. I think people overreact to Trubisky's lows and we need to just recognize he is probably not a QB who will be at the elite level, but he can still be good and I am not ready to state that you can't win with him.  The key to me is the Bears need to keep blinders on, ignore the outside meeting and recognize that this season isn't what we thought it would be, but the team can absolutely tilt the trajectory going into the off-season.  

Steadily improving offensive performances while the defense stays sharp (although ideally improving turnovers) is exactly what I would like to see.  Would be a hole lot nicer saying...you know what, lets upgrade our TE position, improve the line, and add draft picks, because we can win with this guy (Note: I did not say we can win because of him).  I of course would add a good veteran back-up for competition (either way).  

Note: No matter what, I see the Bears changing OC's in the off-season and going to a more experienced guy or at the very least finding someone who could be a "run game" coordinator.  Getting the run game fixed is critical to the Bears success. If you are going to build around the strengths of a defense, you need to have a physical ground game to compliment that (helps from a TOP possession and it also can help settle a young QB).  

The one thing about Nagy I like is, I truly think he will take the opportunity to self reflect on what went wrong and use it to respond positively and be a better head coach.  

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Note: No matter what, I see the Bears changing OC's in the off-season and going to a more experienced guy or at the very least finding someone who could be a "run game" coordinator.  Getting the run game fixed is critical to the Bears success. If you are going to build around the strengths of a defense, you need to have a physical ground game to compliment that (helps from a TOP possession and it also can help settle a young QB).  

Hmm... there was this guy on our team not all that long ago that did pretty darn good in the run department.  Didn't fit the offensive scheme that Nagy had, they said.  Didn't know how to catch, they said.  What was his name?  

(Yes I'm 'crying over spilled milk').

55 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Hmm... there was this guy on our team not all that long ago that did pretty darn good in the run department.  Didn't fit the offensive scheme that Nagy had, they said.  Didn't know how to catch, they said.  What was his name?  

(Yes I'm 'crying over spilled milk').

Well I was always in the minority on Howard (in fact I thought I was the only one who consistently blasted that move)...but the past is the past.