Calling Jackson, Mack, and Floyd

adam

Kwiatkoski comes in off the bench and leads the team in tackles (9), has the only turnover (1 INT), a sack, and a PD. Jackson? 2 tackles and 1 PD. Mack? 2 tackles. Floyd? 2 tackles. Nichols and Goldman, each with 1 tackle each. RRH? Zero stats.

So Kwit had more total stats than Jackson, Mack, Floyd, Nichols, Goldman, and RRH COMBINED!!!! That is ridiculous.

Now a few others played pretty good, Prince, Nick Williams, Skrine, HHCD, and even Smith. but we need our stars to step the "f" up.

I assume Trevathan is gone for the year after that grotesque injury to his arm (What's up with all the elbow injuries on this team?), so it will be interesting to see how Kwit does as the starter for a longer period of time. He may be the guy we are looking to bring back at ILB next year, so let's see what he can do. So far, I don't know if you can play much better when asked to.

Actually in this defense, the two ILBs should always lead the team in tackles.  Smith lead the team in Ts. If you focus on Mack, he literally gets held on every play. He always has two people pay attention to him. Double team, chip, or crash him. No excuses, future HOFers have to overcome that. Also they devise schemes to take Mack out of the plays. Roll out opposite him, quick throws.We need the rest of the team to step up and that will take the attention away from Mack. I think next year we keep Kwit even with his pass defense liabilities. His good overcomes his negatives. Plus will be a lot cheaper. Skine was a good signing, he's a player and his contract will keep him here for at least next year and that is a good thing. HaHa is playing better than Jackson. Maybe we resign him and dont give Jackson the big money he expects? Something to think about. Individually Harris , Nichols and RRH look good, but as a whole just not what Hicks brought to this team. The defense is still good just not great.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually in this defense, the two ILBs should always lead the team in tackles.  Smith lead the team in Ts. If you focus on Mack, he literally gets held on every play. He always has two people pay attention to him. Double team, chip, or crash him. No excuses, future HOFers have to overcome that. Also they devise schemes to take Mack out of the plays. Roll out opposite him, quick throws.We need the rest of the team to step up and that will take the attention away from Mack. I think next year we keep Kwit even with his pass defense liabilities. His good overcomes his negatives. Plus will be a lot cheaper. Skine was a good signing, he's a player and his contract will keep him here for at least next year and that is a good thing. HaHa is playing better than Jackson. Maybe we resign him and dont give Jackson the big money he expects? Something to think about. Individually Harris , Nichols and RRH look good, but as a whole just not what Hicks brought to this team. The defense is still good just not great.

Yeah, WTF happened to Eddie J?  He looks pedestrian at best. 

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I get that LB's traditionally have the most tackles, but when it's that much higher than half your defense, that's a problem. He also had more impact plays, so it was not just tackles. Mack isn't even being double-teamed very much and he still didn't make any plays. The Lions lost Wagner to injury and neither Mack nor Floyd could do much against a backup. That's not good. Floyd is a waste of a body on the field. I would bring someone else in like Vaughters instead.

We didn't pay Mack all that money to just draw double teams. He is severely underproducing and that contract looks like an albatross now. Again, if you didn't know who he was and just watched the games this season, you would not know he is the highest-paid defensive player and supposed top 3 defensive player in the league. With Hicks and Trevathan out, we really need him to step up and be the disruptive force we have seen before. 

Right now Skrine has been our most consistent DB which is scary. Fuller has had a couple of nice plays but for the most part has been underwhelming. 

Our safety play has been ok, mainly because of HHCD. Jackson seems like he is struggling in this Pagano scheme (or playing not to get hurt). I am assuming the difference is last year they just put Amos in the box and let Jackson roam. This year he has different responsibilities and is struggling. There are two sides going forward. There is no way he will command top dollar if he keeps playing like this (last year will be considered a fluke), but at the same time, do you want him if this is who he is? Turnovers are very luck oriented. So time will tell, but just based on trends, he is going the wrong way.

4 hours ago, adam said:

Floyd is a waste of a body on the field. I would bring someone else in like Vaughters instead.

In breaking news the team re-signed Bradley Sowell...again and released OLB Vaughters (which seems unfortunate). 

In the below story it was interesting to see that Shaheen was a “healthy scratch” (please cut him already!!!!) and Trey Burton suffered some sort of calf injury.  Can we please see Horstead play now?!??!

Meanwhile Mike Davis was picked up by the Panthers.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windycitygridiron.com/platform/amp/2019/11/11/20960275/chicago-bears-sign-bradley-sowell-mike-davis-james-vaughters-los-angeles-rams-santa-sleigh-td

7 hours ago, adam said:

I get that LB's traditionally have the most tackles, but when it's that much higher than half your defense, that's a problem. He also had more impact plays, so it was not just tackles. Mack isn't even being double-teamed very much and he still didn't make any plays. The Lions lost Wagner to injury and neither Mack nor Floyd could do much against a backup. That's not good. Floyd is a waste of a body on the field. I would bring someone else in like Vaughters instead.

We didn't pay Mack all that money to just draw double teams. He is severely underproducing and that contract looks like an albatross now. Again, if you didn't know who he was and just watched the games this season, you would not know he is the highest-paid defensive player and supposed top 3 defensive player in the league. With Hicks and Trevathan out, we really need him to step up and be the disruptive force we have seen before. 

Right now Skrine has been our most consistent DB which is scary. Fuller has had a couple of nice plays but for the most part has been underwhelming. 

Our safety play has been ok, mainly because of HHCD. Jackson seems like he is struggling in this Pagano scheme (or playing not to get hurt). I am assuming the difference is last year they just put Amos in the box and let Jackson roam. This year he has different responsibilities and is struggling. There are two sides going forward. There is no way he will command top dollar if he keeps playing like this (last year will be considered a fluke), but at the same time, do you want him if this is who he is? Turnovers are very luck oriented. So time will tell, but just based on trends, he is going the wrong way.

Yes I still want EJack.  Players, especially young players,  have ups and downs in their career.  He's still got a ton of talent and you can't just walk away from that potential.  

On 11/11/2019 at 5:49 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In breaking news the team re-signed Bradley Sowell...again and released OLB Vaughters (which seems unfortunate). 

In the below story it was interesting to see that Shaheen was a “healthy scratch” (please cut him already!!!!) and Trey Burton suffered some sort of calf injury.  Can we please see Horstead play now?!??!

Meanwhile Mike Davis was picked up by the Panthers.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windycitygridiron.com/platform/amp/2019/11/11/20960275/chicago-bears-sign-bradley-sowell-mike-davis-james-vaughters-los-angeles-rams-santa-sleigh-td

All in on that one. Burton not healthy, put him on IR and see what Horsted can do.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, AZ54 said:

Yes I still want EJack.  Players, especially young players,  have ups and downs in their career.  He's still got a ton of talent and you can't just walk away from that potential.  

Yeah he’s just having an off year for whatever reason. I wasn’t a big fan of Fullers a few years back until he suddenly came into his own.  He was lights out his contract year (hmm amazing how that happens) then pretty solid since then.  I’d say Jackson just needs time; he’ll come back round.